User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Best Spas in Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    This will sound very unsophisticated and childish, but "Ewww".
    I concur. Ewwww. The main reason I haven’t tried a spa in Vegas is I just don’t know the protocols and am afraid I’ll do something dumb. One of there days I’ll get up the nerve.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    I concur. Ewwww. The main reason I haven’t tried a spa in Vegas is I just don’t know the protocols and am afraid I’ll do something dumb. One of there days I’ll get up the nerve.
    You can start with the spa at Cherokee. Very nice and you really can't screw it up. Going for massage and facial on Sunday while Mark babysits Mom on the slot floor. Then Brio for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    I know the feeling! Sis took me when we were on the MSC cruise last March, and she showed me the ropes. Other than the naked stuff, it was all pretty straightforward. It was very quiet and relaxing, sort of like being in a library in your swimsuit (yeah, I had to keep my laugh under control). We were given a tour the first time, and I would think that is available at any spa, so you could ask any questions you have then.

I hope you give it a try. Maybe one day on a future trip some of us can do a Spa day in Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by michelelovesvegas View Post
    You can start with the spa at Cherokee. Very nice and you really can't screw it up. Going for massage and facial on Sunday while Mark babysits Mom on the slot floor. Then Brio for dinner.
    Sounds like a great way to spend some time Cherokee. Enjoy Brio! I really liked it there.

So glad you started this thread, count me in the protocol clueless camp. One of these days, I'll try out the spa so can't wait to hear the experiences.

The Best Spas in Vegas

I like to go to Qua at Caesars. I haven’t had any services there I just do the Roman rituals. Hang out in the hot tub, sit in the steam sauna and ice room. It’s only $25 for Diamond if you are staying there and it’s free for 7 Stars. It’s a nice way to spend a couple hours to just relax and $25 spent there saves me a lot in gambling. I like it because of the cost and it’s pretty big. It is clothing optional but I typically bring a bathing suit with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our two favorites are Qua and Canyon Ranch Spa...we've only ever had deep tissue massages at both and all the massage therapist we've seen at both places were awesome. As far as the hot tub, steam rooms, sauna...they are clothing optional but in all my visits only very few went without a bathing suit. And they would just disrobe before getting into the hot tub and grab their robe or towel immediately on getting out. Also in the steam/sauna they would place towels to sit on and have a towel wrapped around them, so not really naked. It's really not a big deal and I've never seen anyone just wandering around the spa nude. As far as services its best to go nude (unless you are uncomfortable then by all means where your panties and bra) but they do get in the way of a smooth flowing massage. ALL the therapists I've ever had have been very professional and make sure you are draped with sheets in appropriate places. I love massages and truly believe they are so beneficial to your well being. We've tried spas at TI, Mirage, Encore, Wynn, Flamingo, Bally's, Harrah's, Golden Nugget as well as many off strip ones with group ons at discounted prices. And for the most part have enjoyed most all of them.

Pat
    I'm just not a spa person. I think part of it is that I can become claustrophobic in the treatment rooms. Don't like having my eyes covered with a cloth and my hands tightly wrapped under a blanket. Yeah, I know it's weird.

I love the smells in there though.