User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UUUUGGGGGHHHH. Just completed taxes and IRS stinks

Quote Originally Posted by Slotspert View Post
    This is part of the S.A.L.T. limitation rule which hits us really hard in California. There is no real "tax benefit" for charity donations anymore (especially the write-off for non-monetary "stuff" so many of us donate to charity), unless you break the $12,000/$24,000 threshold (single/joint). For 80%+ tax filers, a hand-pay is now 100% taxable money regardless unless you exceed this threshold.
    Us in NY too re the salt deduction.

I got to take the med expense deduction this year. The W2s inflated my adjusted gross income so that I didn’t get as much of a deduction as I should have. But did get to claim losses to offset the W2 wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for listening to me vent. We've had to pay taxes most years and this year we still eked out a refund. I really just was whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Sorry you got burned by the tax changes. I’ve heard lots of people making the same complaint. Unfortunately for me my accountant has gone silent on me. Not answering emails or phone calls. I haven’t received my taxes from him yet and I’m stressed to the max. I always have them with a few weeks of sending him everything. Not this year. He’s not local so no driving to his office. I have no idea what I’m going to do if I don’t get something from him this week. I have no idea what’s going on with him and am super pissed he hasn’t responded to me. I sure hope I have something soon.

Oh, Elf. I am so sorry. I hope he gets back to you soon. That is miserable. Our CPA offices two doors down, so I can find him anytime. I truly hope your corporate tax return was done or extension filed. That is nerve-wracking! He should have his butt kicked for leaving you in the dark!

Blog Entries
    Elf70, that is very scary. Almost makes you wonder if he is medically unable to respond. As hubby does our very simple taxes I still worry because his health can be an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    Elf70, that is very scary. Almost makes you wonder if he is medically unable to respond. As hubby does our very simple taxes I still worry because his health can be an issue.

I googled for his obituary - nothing thank goodness. I agree that something must be wrong. He’s done an excellent job for us for 20 years. This is very out of character. Fingers crossed I get something in the mail today!

Sorry you got burned by the tax changes. I’ve heard lots of people making the same complaint. Unfortunately for me my accountant has gone silent on me. Not answering emails or phone calls. I haven’t received my taxes from him yet and I’m stressed to the max. I always have them with a few weeks of sending him everything. Not this year. He’s not local so no driving to his office. I have no idea what I’m going to do if I don’t get something from him this week. I have no idea what’s going on with him and am super pissed he hasn’t responded to me. I sure hope I have something soon.
    File for a extension

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    File for a extension
    For sure. I guess I’ll wait until this weekend or Monday. I have set up an online account so I can do it automatically.

Finally received a response to my numerous emails. My accountant is in the hospital. I was given a name of another accountant who has my taxes and should be completing them. That accountant will call me this afternoon and give me an update. I can not tell you how relieved I am to finally have an answer! I hope my long time accountant is ok. He’s a good man.

Blog Entries
    Good news for you and I hope your accountant is out and heading ack to good health soon

Dawn

Finally received a response to my numerous emails. My accountant is in the hospital. I was given a name of another accountant who has my taxes and should be completing them. That accountant will call me this afternoon and give me an update. I can not tell you how relieved I am to finally have an answer! I hope my long time accountant is ok. He’s a good man.
    Whew, that was cutting it close. But the main thing is you now know everything is being taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk