User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UUUUGGGGGHHHH. Just completed taxes and IRS stinks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Finally received a response to my numerous emails. My accountant is in the hospital. I was given a name of another accountant who has my taxes and should be completing them. That accountant will call me this afternoon and give me an update. I can not tell you how relieved I am to finally have an answer! I hope my long time accountant is ok. He’s a good man.
    Glad you got a response. Hope your accountant the best. Good luck with the taxes.

Just filed and had to pay additional taxes (a lot more) because of changes to SALT. Not a happy camper.

I heard a lot of people complaining about there taxes good luck guys and gals

Finally received a response to my numerous emails. My accountant is in the hospital. I was given a name of another accountant who has my taxes and should be completing them. That accountant will call me this afternoon and give me an update. I can not tell you how relieved I am to finally have an answer! I hope my long time accountant is ok. He’s a good man.
    This is good news! Not so much for your accountant. I hope he is OK. Also hoping your extension was filed on your corporate taxes as well!

Have to say I am embarrassed to admit that only days after creating this post whining about gambling and taxes, we have now booked our annual trip to Wynn. Will be there July 24-28. Will definitely have taxes deducted from any handpays, but apparently I am over the frustration with the new tax law and am looking forward to returning to my happy place!

Hey treyster:

It would be nice to see some pictures you have taken over the years -- I will put up some old photos of you and make a nice video! Everything else going okay! I like to update the friends I made along the way! Take care!

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\

Still waiting for my tax returns to be done... my accountant must have been overwhelmed! Supposedly my taxes will be done by Monday, which will be about 4 weeks since we met.

Crossing fingers I will get these done by Monday!

Crossing fingers for you too @clemi! I verified today that my extensions have been filed. Thank goodness. I hate that it will probably be several months before I know if I owe additional taxes but at least I know I’ve deposited what I owed last year.

Crossing fingers for you too @clemi! I verified today that my extensions have been filed. Thank goodness. I hate that it will probably be several months before I know if I owe additional taxes but at least I know I’ve deposited what I owed last year.
    Thanks Elf, my taxes came back today... between refunds due to me and estimated tax payments I owe on Monday, I pretty much broke even for what’s due, phew!

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Thanks Elf, my taxes came back today... between refunds due to me and estimated tax payments I owe on Monday, I pretty much broke even for what’s due, phew!
    That’s great! This tax year has been so stressful. Glad you didn’t have to wait until Monday. See you soon!!!

Blog Entries
    Well Donna just got back from H&R .... and did ok,actually a better return than last year . if she had not of gotten that 7500 handy last at Harrahs kc she wouldn't of had enough to make the deduction . i didnt know that you could only deduct the amount you won . i thought you could deduct all of your losses . but anyway worked out great .oh and she's getting another 120 or so back from the state of Missouri apparently with the deduction that was over paid as well when they took the taxes on her handies or some sort of non resident thing..not sure