A little delayed but here’s my Alaska report! It’ll take me a couple days to write it up but let’s get started.

My mom and stepdad both have milestone birthdays this year so they decided to take their families on a big trip. 14 of us went: mom and stepdad, two sisters, BIL, my two nieces, one stepsister with her son, and the other stepsister and her husband and his two kids from his first marriage. Those two kids came in from Israel, including one taking leave from the military!

Both travel days were not fun. Had booked a nonstop to Vancouver (6 hours) on Thursday 7/18. We find out a half hour before the flight that they switched airplanes on us and the new one couldn’t make it there without refueling. So we stopped in Denver.

Short version - turned into an 9+ hour flight ... and they only had snacks (Pringles, gummy bears, etc) for sale - no meals! My nieces did great in spite of this. And then we got to Vancouver and one of our crews’ bags was still in Newark! Two hours later we left the airport and our almost full day to explore Vancouver had disappeared.

Hotel was lovely and we had a great time exploring and also lounging before embarkation at noon Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk