User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska Cruise TR

Blog Entries
    Nice Pics and tr Thanks for sharing .

Thanks so much for the report. It looks like you had a FABULOUS time with your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dina, you look fabulous!!
    Christopher and I sailed earlier this month on the NCL Joy out of Seattle and we loved it!

Excited for more updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How fun! We were supposed to last May but had to cancel cuz I was pregnant. Looking dowsed to the rest of your tr!

Alaska Cruise TR

Loving this TR so far. Can’t wait for the rest. You look absolutely fabulous! We did a family cruise for my late mom’s 70th birthday. I have so many great memories.

Alaska Cruise TR

Day 4 was spent in Icy Strait Point/Hoonah AK - another island in southeast Alaska. The dock was only big enough for one ship so it was interesting to watch the other ship’s passengers get ferried into shore.

Today’s excursion was a bear search followed by a whale cruise. We didn’t see any bears. With the abnormal heat in AK, salmon spawning season is running late so bears weren’t out by the river trying to eat the salmon. We did have two gentlemen accompany us with rifles in case we had a close encounter with a bear.

Had a delicious bloody mary before we boarded the whale cruise.

We saw lots of whales! First a family of orcas, then some humpbacks.

Including one who became very interested in our boat and circled it a couple times and was being playful.

We did a specialty dinner that night for my niece’s 6th birthday at the QSine restaurant. They prepped a cake for her, which was very swee
    Last edited by DK528; 08-05-2019 at 01:07 AM.

Alaska Cruise TR

Juneau was a super cute town! Again had gorgeous weather. This was the one day I picked poorly with my excursions. I had originally booked dog sledding on a glacier at the next port (Skagway) but it got cancelled because the glacier is just melting at too high a clip. Lots of my family switched to dog sledding in Juneau but I didn’t and I wish it did because it looked like so much fun.

Instead I went rafting with my stepdad on a glacial river at the bottom of the mendenhall glacier. We had a lot of fun and it was gorgeous.

Even saw an eagle hanging out next to the river.

Glacial water is cloudy from all the rock silt that gets ground down as the glacier moved. Here’s a place where the glacial water met fresh water.

Did some shopping in Juneau and got myself some rings and some super soft clothes made from bamboo.

We had a very late boarding time in Juneau so we ate on shore for my niece’s bday. She got to pick the seating assignments and had a ball.

Last edited by DK528; 08-05-2019 at 01:12 AM.

Alaska Cruise TR

Skagway

Our last port was Skagway, AK. My sister and I visited a wildlife refuge here. First took a 45 min ferry ride, then a 45 min bus ride and spent 2 hours at the refuge (https://www.kroschelfilms.com/)

Saw a wolf, wolvervine, red fox, lynx, porcupine, baby moose, artic fox, reindeer and a grizzly. Also got to kiss a moose.

Had pretty views on the ferry.
    Last edited by DK528; 08-05-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Ferry/bus views and a beer before we got back on the ship.

R

Alaska Cruise TR

Day 7 was an at-sea day that began early with a visit to hubbard glacier. It was a chilly but clear day and we had spectacular views of the glacier and ice calving (or breaking off of it).

Last edited by DK528; 08-05-2019 at 02:19 AM.