User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First cruise from Harrah's-Info.

First cruise from Harrah's-Info.

I have never taken a cruise or taken Harrah's up on their free cruise certificate (I know it's not free- LOL). Anyone have any information on how long after you get the certificate you have to use it? And if it's even worth getting the certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by nhmajik View Post
    I have never taken a cruise or taken Harrah's up on their free cruise certificate (I know it's not free- LOL). Anyone have any information on how long after you get the certificate you have to use it? And if it's even worth getting the certificate?
    Usually they'll have a date you must book by. It'll give you different cruise options too. I was going to book one out of NOLA, but the price the woman quoted was as much as if I just paid for it myself! Maybe she wasn't giving me any credit for the voucher. I've always meant to ask Nhchris about it, but always forget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

@Gypsy and @Cyndyga have used several of these from Harrah's. Hopefully they will chime in.

I did just check back on mine. I can tell you that I picked up a NCL certificate from Foxwoods on Dec 1 and we used it for our Bermuda cruise on June 30. I remember I had a fairly decent list of cruises to choose from with dates ranging from maybe Feb-October. I also got one from Twin River one and the list was much shorter. I am not sure exactly how Harrah's does it.

@Mimi, usually we consider the NCL certificates to be a big fat discount, but definitely not free. Some of the other cruise lines have fewer fees and seem to be a better deal. It also depends on how popular the ship and date are that you are looking at. Lots of variables, but it should always be a better deal than booking direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    @Mimi, usually we consider the NCL certificates to be a big fat discount, but definitely not free. Some of the other cruise lines have fewer fees and seem to be a better deal. It also depends on how popular the ship and date are that you are looking at. Lots of variables, but it should always be a better deal than booking direct.
    That's what I thought but we were quoted almost 4k additional. Could have been the dates were the beginning of spring break. If I get another offer, I will get the 411 from you guys that cruise with NCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
    Usually they'll have a date you must book by. It'll give you different cruise options too. I was going to book one out of NOLA, but the price the woman quoted was as much as if I just paid for it myself! Maybe she wasn't giving me any credit for the voucher. I've always meant to ask Nhchris about it, but always forget.

That's where I was going to pick it up, and go out of. 4k...where were you going and how long? That don't sound like a discount

I picked up one in March from Harrah's KC for NCL. Had to book by Mid May, there were several cruises available, but none worked for my schedule and when I asked about upgrading to a balcony the cost was too much.

I received another offer this month to pick one up on Sept 14th, but after not being able to use the last one, it's not worth me buying airfare to go pick it up, if it was within driving distance I would definitely pick it up and see if the dates would work this time.

I do this every year so I’m not sure if I have my times right, but you usually have about 6 weeks to book. But once I was at the end of the offer and only had a week. I think my last one I picked up in September. I had to book by mid October. I booked the Breakaway out of New Orleans for my March Spring Break. We upgraded to a spa balcony and our price was around $1,800. This year I picked it up in June and booked the Breakaway again out of Port Canaveral for my February break. We are taking the kids and it cost $1,050 for 4 in an inside. But I need to upgrade that one before final payment or bid for it.

We think it’s a great deal and cruise pretty much yearly because of the cruise offers

Also, if you look at the offer through the email and not the app, you can see the details of the cruise s and dates available prior to picking it up.

Other options for discounted cruises are to use your 20% discount for being diamond with CET, and I believe MILF also has a discount with Royal Caribbean. UR Comped is another avenue, too. I get cruise offers from them pretty regularly. And once you cruise with NCL (and most of the other lines) you may get offers directly from the cruise line.