User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stand Mixers?

Stand Mixers?

So my immersion blender shit the bed. The top broke off and one piece is not there, so Frank can't even attempt to fix it. Truthfully, I only used it to make whipped cream a few times, and soup twice. I am contemplating getting a stand mixer instead, but no way am I willing to spend $400 for the nice Kitchen Aid ones. Does anyone have one that didn't cost a fortune, that they like?

Nhcris, I have a KA mixer that I loved but don’t use anymore as I rarely need it.
    I’m actually looking to purchase one of those old fashioned electric mixers, this one is $35 at Target.

What I like is that they can stow away, unlike stand mixers that take up gobs of counter space.

On the other hand, stand alone mixers like KA are so versatile, almost every kind of attachment is available for processing different things.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing what you get.

Blog Entries
    We have a kitchen aid mixer, we bought it about 10 yrs ago because WE HAD TO HAVE ONE lol. It's never been used but sure looks good sitting there.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Did you get the red mixer? I never bought one cause I know it wouldn’t get much use. I used a Procter silex hand mixer for over 50 years and had to replace it a year ago. I got a kitchen aid hand mixer at kohl’s it was $30 something with the sale price and coupons. No red got an aqua one

Blog Entries
    I have a KA stand that is about 43 years old and a KA hand mixer about 10 years old. Love them both but don't use the stand like I did in the past. My hand mixer is like the one posted above. Also have an emersion that I use for small amounts of guacamole!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    So my immersion blender shit the bed. The top broke off and one piece is not there, so Frank can't even attempt to fix it. Truthfully, I only used it to make whipped cream a few times, and soup twice. I am contemplating getting a stand mixer instead, but no way am I willing to spend $400 for the nice Kitchen Aid ones. Does anyone have one that didn't cost a fortune, that they like?
    You know its sad things are not made to the same standards stuff was 30-40 yrs ago . i mean i had a sunbeam toaster that ill bet was an ez 30 yrs old hell i replaced the cord on it once if not twice it still worked when i left it in my last apt . no we have the big K A 5qt mixer Donna used to do cookies for Christmas every year so she wanted the Mac daddy to get it all done fast . we allso have the same hand mixer that Clemi shows in her post . i want to say it wasn't much . Check out Wally world and see what they have .

Add me to the KA stand mixer crew! We have a bunch of the attachments too. I used to use it more frequently and plan to focus on using it more this winter (haven’t made biscotti or sausage in years!)
    Costco typically has deals on the KA mixer before the holidays so you might be able to snag it for cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanted to add to my earlier comment. JMO but if you want a stand alone mixer consider the KA. My experience is this line is top notch and I doubt others will give you the purchase power this line gives.

For fun I googled stand alone mixers... this came up fwiw. Personally if you want a stand alone look for a KA model that will suit your needs
    http://nymag.com/strategist/article/...nd-mixers.html

Blog Entries
    We have a Sunbeam. Probably 15 years old. Second one in 30+ years. Don't know how well they are made now.

We have the same one Clemi showed and used to have an even older one that was my moms..A lovely Green color, much more square than the newer one. May still be in the back of a cabinet somewhere, that one had a stand it would clip on. For the cost of a cheap Immersion Blender I would get a new one of those too, those are nice for quick stuff and are easy to clean