User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giada photos and my opinions

If Giada knew about these reviews she'd probably kick some ass. Italian style!

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    amy said her lemon spaghetti had good taste of lemon and i tasted it also. so yeah some inconsistency but food quality still good imho on the 2 times we went.
    Hey Derek..honestly I would have rather had more lemon because it goes so well with the shrimp. But I got mostly a lot of marscapone which overwhelmed the dish. It only got a 7 out fo 10 for me and I LOVE pasta. I'm glad Amy enjoyed her dish. I did have grilled octopus for the first time and really liked it.

I still live by the moto never trust a skinny cook. hhh

I enjoyed my choice, chicken Marsala meatballs, rigatoni & salad. Whoever prepared the lemon shrimp pasta should be chopped. I watch way too much TV

Blog Entries
    I had originally planned on taking my girlfriends there one night when we were in Vegas, but then Heather read some unfavorable reviews online and said she wasn't keen on trying it. After reading the reviews in here, it sounds like she made the right choice.

I still want to try it someday, maybe when I go with Scott, but am not nearly excited as I once was!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Great review! I was expecting to love it and was kind of sad I didn't since I chose it for my Birthday dinner but like you I would give it another chance. The photo booth was fun The best part was spending the evening with all of you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely the company made it special! Hopefully management will make working on consistency a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    The soup had bacon in it, that's what sold me!
    While it was good, I agree with you that I would only probably go back if asked to go with a group.
    We need to take you to Table 10 one of these trips for their 4 course tasting menu that is only $45.00. One of the courses is the best bacon I've ever had, you would love it!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post
    If Giada knew about these reviews she'd probably kick some ass. Italian style!
    LOL, lets hope she does!

Quote Originally Posted by 20cardmg View Post
    Hey Derek..honestly I would have rather had more lemon because it goes so well with the shrimp. But I got mostly a lot of marscapone which overwhelmed the dish. It only got a 7 out fo 10 for me and I LOVE pasta. I'm glad Amy enjoyed her dish. I did have grilled octopus for the first time and really liked it.
    I'm thinking with the lack of lemon in my salad, and the lemon spaghetti that Manette and you had that they might have run out of lemons that evening, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    I still live by the moto never trust a skinny cook. hhh
    LOL! Of course Giada isn't really back there cooking. I guess we should have asked to see who was the chef that night so we could check his/her waistline!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    I enjoyed my choice, chicken Marsala meatballs, rigatoni & salad. Whoever prepared the lemon shrimp pasta should be chopped. I watch way too much TV
    Good to know you enjoyed yours! I couldn't remember all you ordered because I only took a photo of the rigatoni because I guess you and Laurie both had the Marsala Meatballs and salad. I need to start taking more notes and relying less on my memory! LOL on the TV show Chopped, I watch that sometimes too!

Quote Originally Posted by Blase View Post
    I had originally planned on taking my girlfriends there one night when we were in Vegas, but then Heather read some unfavorable reviews online and said she wasn't keen on trying it. After reading the reviews in here, it sounds like she made the right choice.

I still want to try it someday, maybe when I go with Scott, but am not nearly excited as I once was!
    It could be we hit it on a night when the regular chef was off, as Derek and Amy enjoyed their dinner there a couple nights later. However we shouldn't have to hope that the head or regular chef is cooking that night so that our food is great. I hope if and when you try it you can report back they have their mojo back.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

Hi Evoni,

I enjoyed your photos and review of Giada. I also want to thank you for showing on one of your slot videos CP's business card with the forum's name, so I finally found out where the heck everyone went....lol! I guess I should have put your name down for who referred me to this forum. Hi Everybody!!

Jackpot

Hi Jackpot! You should go introduce yourself in a new thread so everyone knows.

@Jackpot hi and welcome

Has anyone eaten breakfast at Gilda? I thought that might be good