User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Sports Betting

  1. #11
    Senior Member tee2green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    7,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the Penn State game and a great return got called back for a penalty...

    How appropriate, hhh

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  2. Thanks Mimi, zeus, Curlyd, Pjmargde, Penguin, foamy, charlie50 thanked for this post
  3. #12
    Hot Stuff Mimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    4,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Watching the Penn State game and a great return got called back for a penalty...

    How appropriate, hhh

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Just happy to see Penn State kick Michigan's ass!!!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

  4. Thanks tee2green, Penguin, hytail, foamy, Nhcris thanked for this post
  5. #13
    Senior Member hytail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only wagers I make these day are on golf. I have some buddies and we have a small weekly fantasy player league we play - just a few rules, but always includes the PGA and the majors/cups and about a third of the time the LPGA.

    Did well wagering last year broke just above even (that's good considering the variance - best player one week can miss the cut the next week). IMO in laying a bet, its a very long shot to bet and pick a winner - the way we have found you can come out ahead is to place bets on the daily player pairings (for example, it will have a number of players paired for that day's scoring: Rory v. Brooks or Bubba v. Phil or Lee6 v. Lexi, etc, whatever they choose to pair - and there will be many). Each evening/morning these pairings will come out on the sheets - about 6 to 10 pages of this stuff. Tough to go thru it all with a hangover. Whoever is in a location to place bets will photo text the pages to the others and you will review and send your picks for whatever days and settle up after all wins/losses are completed. Usually, not large bets - typically about $10 per pic and usually less than $50 per person per day, but can add up if several guys want same bet. I've even mailed the wager slips into the casino to get paid and so far payment has been mailed back with no issue.

    Also, choosing where to bet (i.e. casinos in LV) the different properties may have different spreads and exactly the same bets so sometimes its worth it to research that out; other times the different spread amounts to a mere dollar or less and may not be worth the trouble to travel to a more favorable book.
    Last edited by hytail; 10-20-2019 at 06:39 PM.

  6. Thanks foamy, charlie50, clemi, Nhcris thanked for this post
  7. #14
    Senior Member foamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have the packers-4 1/2 today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Thanks sondor, charlie50, clemi thanked for this post
  9. #15
    Senior Member sondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    We have the packers-4 1/2 today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hope they can hold on not much defense either side so far

    Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

  10. Thanks foamy, charlie50 thanked for this post
  11. #16
    Senior Member sondor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9,106
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    We have the packers-4 1/2 today


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think your safe now

    Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

  12. Thanks foamy, charlie50 thanked for this post
  13. #17
    Senior Member foamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had the raiders +1 last night Saturday have Iowa-Wisconsin over Sunday chiefs and packers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #18
    Administrator Nhcris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    Only wagers I make these day are on golf. I have some buddies and we have a small weekly fantasy player league we play - just a few rules, but always includes the PGA and the majors/cups and about a third of the time the LPGA.

    Did well wagering last year broke just above even (that's good considering the variance - best player one week can miss the cut the next week). IMO in laying a bet, its a very long shot to bet and pick a winner - the way we have found you can come out ahead is to place bets on the daily player pairings (for example, it will have a number of players paired for that day's scoring: Rory v. Brooks or Bubba v. Phil or Lee6 v. Lexi, etc, whatever they choose to pair - and there will be many). Each evening/morning these pairings will come out on the sheets - about 6 to 10 pages of this stuff. Tough to go thru it all with a hangover. Whoever is in a location to place bets will photo text the pages to the others and you will review and send your picks for whatever days and settle up after all wins/losses are completed. Usually, not large bets - typically about $10 per pic and usually less than $50 per person per day, but can add up if several guys want same bet. I've even mailed the wager slips into the casino to get paid and so far payment has been mailed back with no issue.

    Also, choosing where to bet (i.e. casinos in LV) the different properties may have different spreads and exactly the same bets so sometimes its worth it to research that out; other times the different spread amounts to a mere dollar or less and may not be worth the trouble to travel to a more favorable book.
    I never even thought about betting on golf, but I guess everything is available to bet on these days! That sounds particularly complicated, but it must be pretty satisfying. Let us know how it goes as the year goes on.

  15. Thanks hytail thanked for this post
  16. #19
    Administrator Nhcris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    4,187
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the Pats having a bye week, I was thinking it would be fun to bet on a couple games to make it interesting. But alas, there is no sports betting within 2 hours of me, so that's not happening. BUT, I did some research and just realized that NH has passed legislation to legalize it here in the state (although my stupid city voted it down). Apparently there will be 5 brick and mortar locations in the state and they are giving out 10 online licenses. We should be up and running before the Super Bowl according to a few articles. So, it's time for me to get savvy!

    Best part is, our governor is laughing his ass off at Massachusetts because they are fighting over so many minuscule details, just like they did with the casinos, so it is unlikely they will pass sports betting anytime soon. So NH will be raking in MASS money just like we do with liquor (NH State Liquor Stores are cheap) and retail (no NH sales tax). Massachusetts governor is the same knucklehead that woke up one morning and put a ban on selling vapes in Mass with less than 24 hours warning. So our Vape stores are also booming while the ones in Mass have all closed down putting people out of work and small entrepreneurs out of business. Thanks Charlie Baker, you are great for New Hampshire!

  17. Thanks Laurie, sondor, Penguin, Elf70, foamy, hytail thanked for this post
  18. #20
    Senior Member foamy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    9,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    With the Pats having a bye week, I was thinking it would be fun to bet on a couple games to make it interesting. But alas, there is no sports betting within 2 hours of me, so that's not happening. BUT, I did some research and just realized that NH has passed legislation to legalize it here in the state (although my stupid city voted it down). Apparently there will be 5 brick and mortar locations in the state and they are giving out 10 online licenses. We should be up and running before the Super Bowl according to a few articles. So, it's time for me to get savvy!

    Best part is, our governor is laughing his ass off at Massachusetts because they are fighting over so many minuscule details, just like they did with the casinos, so it is unlikely they will pass sports betting anytime soon. So NH will be raking in MASS money just like we do with liquor (NH State Liquor Stores are cheap) and retail (no NH sales tax). Massachusetts governor is the same knucklehead that woke up one morning and put a ban on selling vapes in Mass with less than 24 hours warning. So our Vape stores are also booming while the ones in Mass have all closed down putting people out of work and small entrepreneurs out of business. Thanks Charlie Baker, you are great for New Hampshire!
    The first month Iowa did 37 million in bets 30 million paid out


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. Thanks sondor, Nhcris, hytail, LowAndSlow thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •