User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Costco Question

Pat

Bizarre Costco Question

Has anyone had the Costco Buffalo Chicken Wings?

@dvandentop
    If anyone would know

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

are they the purdue brand? they are decent

@Blase works there she could say for sure

Pat
    I'm trying stuff out for a party I'm having. I'm batting zero so far on stuff

Pat, have that party catered. No use in wearing yourself down and driving John crazy over this. He would probably thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Pat, have that party catered. No use in wearing yourself down and driving John crazy over this. He would probably thank you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    @zeus, I am going to have it catered, but I just want some other stuff to fill in. It seems like I have the same stuff every year. It's a golf tournament party, so in all honesty, they are more interested in our wine than food. I'm just trying to be a responsible hostess.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I have not tried them (I’m not a wing person) but I know they’re really popular. Had someone buy twelve bags of them the other day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve had them Pat. We think they are good. Not too spicy.

If you want to have some options that don't require a lot of assembly, I would go with things like: breaded ravioli that you can skewer and coat partway in a nice sauce, any of the filled phyllo cups (usually come in a variety), spanakopita triangles (always a hit), or, believe it or not, pigs in a blanket with a nice stone-ground mustard dipping sauce. I spent a number of years doing banquet service at a 5-star inn that had a huge (still does) business in wedding and events. I always tell everyone that of all the high-class and labor-intensive apps that were served, the one that disappeared in a flash was the pigs in a blanket. I don't know if they bring back memories for people, but they get gobbled up. On the ravioli, the Rana brand is really good, for breaded and non-breaded. For the phyllo cups, if you got unfilled ones, you could probably find a premade sausage or mushroom filling at places like Whole Foods. Just pop in and good to go. Those go really well. Spanakopita triangles are always a hit and super easy.

I would stay away from wings if people are going to be eating them while standing during a cocktail hour. They are messy and there are bones left over so people are juggling a drink and a plate full of bones.

You may be doing something totally different and the above won't be of help, so FWIW. Apparently, there is always wine. hhh

How about a charcuterie board? No cooking involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk