User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bizarre Costco Question

Quote Originally Posted by LowAndSlow View Post
    If you want to have some options that don't require a lot of assembly, I would go with things like: breaded ravioli that you can skewer and coat partway in a nice sauce, any of the filled phyllo cups (usually come in a variety), spanakopita triangles (always a hit), or, believe it or not, pigs in a blanket with a nice stone-ground mustard dipping sauce. I spent a number of years doing banquet service at a 5-star inn that had a huge (still does) business in wedding and events. I always tell everyone that of all the high-class and labor-intensive apps that were served, the one that disappeared in a flash was the pigs in a blanket. I don't know if they bring back memories for people, but they get gobbled up. On the ravioli, the Rana brand is really good, for breaded and non-breaded. For the phyllo cups, if you got unfilled ones, you could probably find a premade sausage or mushroom filling at places like Whole Foods. Just pop in and good to go. Those go really well. Spanakopita triangles are always a hit and super easy.

I would stay away from wings if people are going to be eating them while standing during a cocktail hour. They are messy and there are bones left over so people are juggling a drink and a plate full of bones.

You may be doing something totally different and the above won't be of help, so FWIW. Apparently, there is always wine. hhh
    I LOVE the Rana ravioli!

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook 3 using Tapatalk

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    How about a charcuterie board? No cooking involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm having that Laurie. That's always a hit. Along with meatballs. Our friends always bring things to help out, but as of right now, we are at 25 people.

Pat, if they are the frozen wings at Costco, they tend to be very fatty, IMO. We didn’t care for them. For quick frozen food apps there, we’ve liked the mini crab cakes, and they sometimes have mini Asian dim sum (it was shrimp purses, crab rangoon and something else). Good easy finger food.
    I love the Dino-nuggets too, lol!

Slot wins @
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@Pat is it the wings you just have to heat up? If so, I say no. They’re super fatty and soggy after cooking. Better off ordering from Wing stop.

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by nancypants View Post
    @Pat is it the wings you just have to heat up? If so, I say no. They’re super fatty and soggy after cooking. Better off ordering from Wing stop.

thanks @nancypants and @CTslotters. I tried some yesterday from a local restaurant and our Ralphs grocery store. I have to say, I thought the grocery store Buffalo wings were pretty good.