User Tag List

Thread: Getting Healthy Feels Great ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Getting Healthy Feels Great ?

So way back on December 2 I decided it was time to get back into the gym. I have a free membership to my Village Fitness Center through Silver Sneekers. Plus I pay property taxes and it is a really nice place. Gym opens at 5:30 am and I am there almost 1st in line. Who knew so many people worked out that early in the morning.

I started on the treadmill. 3.5 miles in an hour at 1 degree incline at 3.4 speed. I feel great!

On my 18th visit I noticed that while doing my fast walk about 20 min in my heart rate drops considerably. I figure it's because my hands are all sweaty. It does this for the next 4 visit. By now I know it's not an error and Bill has decided I need to see the doc.

He says I have a low heart rate but orders a 24 hour heart monitor to check things out. OK results are he wants me to see a cardiologist. Bill has a great Cardo Doc so I go to him. He says heart rate low, mid 40's but when it goes into the 30's (while I am awake) not too good. He orders 30 day monitor (which I will be glad to get rid of next week). Also EKG, Echo, Nuclear Stress. EKG = OK, Echo = valves closing a little slowly but OK, Stress test ummm blood maybe not flowing as it should (more to find out later) but want a CT scan of the heart.

CT scan no word on blood flow yet but they now want another one of a wider area as they are seeing some spots away from the heart. Oh also have to see an Electrophysio Doc to help with why heart rate so low.

OH and "did you know you have a compression fracture, middle of your back?"

HELL NO! This getting healthy is killing me. And if I didn't feel so damn good, lost 10 pounds and feel like I could run those 3.5 miles (almost) I might be worried.

At least Spring is right around the corner.
    Dawn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curlyd For This Useful Post: