User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Healthy Feels Great ?

Blog Entries

Getting Healthy Feels Great ?

So way back on December 2 I decided it was time to get back into the gym. I have a free membership to my Village Fitness Center through Silver Sneekers. Plus I pay property taxes and it is a really nice place. Gym opens at 5:30 am and I am there almost 1st in line. Who knew so many people worked out that early in the morning.

I started on the treadmill. 3.5 miles in an hour at 1 degree incline at 3.4 speed. I feel great!

On my 18th visit I noticed that while doing my fast walk about 20 min in my heart rate drops considerably. I figure it's because my hands are all sweaty. It does this for the next 4 visit. By now I know it's not an error and Bill has decided I need to see the doc.

He says I have a low heart rate but orders a 24 hour heart monitor to check things out. OK results are he wants me to see a cardiologist. Bill has a great Cardo Doc so I go to him. He says heart rate low, mid 40's but when it goes into the 30's (while I am awake) not too good. He orders 30 day monitor (which I will be glad to get rid of next week). Also EKG, Echo, Nuclear Stress. EKG = OK, Echo = valves closing a little slowly but OK, Stress test ummm blood maybe not flowing as it should (more to find out later) but want a CT scan of the heart.

CT scan no word on blood flow yet but they now want another one of a wider area as they are seeing some spots away from the heart. Oh also have to see an Electrophysio Doc to help with why heart rate so low.

OH and "did you know you have a compression fracture, middle of your back?"

HELL NO! This getting healthy is killing me. And if I didn't feel so damn good, lost 10 pounds and feel like I could run those 3.5 miles (almost) I might be worried.

At least Spring is right around the corner.
    Dawn

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curlyd For This Useful Post:

Dawn,
    I hope all your test results are good. Keep up with being healthy.

Lilian

I hope you get some answers Dawn. Congrats on the weight loss and seeing results at the gym!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s a good sign that you feel
    So good, and a blessing that info comes to us in unexpected ways sometimes but kudos to you for heeding the warnings and checking things out. Finally, hoping all your results are great.

Getting Healthy Feels Great ?

Curly congrats on losing weight and taking care of your health.

Funny and not funny - several years ago I was also trying to get healthy, I started taking fish oil pills because they are supposed to be good for your heart. I started exercising on my elliptical and would get chest pain. This went on a couple weeks and we were in the middle of an ice storm. Might not seem like a big deal but Atlanta completely shuts down with even half an inch of snow. Anyhow my boss threatened to call 911 so I drove myself to a fire station that was near my house. They took my vitals and took my blood pressure and it was apparently really high. I drove myself to the emergency room and they kept me overnight ekg testing etc. I didn’t tell my boyfriend or family I was in the hospital. Turned out the fish oil is what caused my chest pain. I wouldn’t have thought the thing I was doing to get healthy would be the thing that almost killed me. Maybe a week or so after I stopped taking it, I was fine. But it was scary as hell.

I’m trying to motivate myself now to start exercising again and to eat better and I keeps procrastinating and putting it off. Reading about other jokers trying to get healthy is helping to encourage me to get it together. I hope that you get good news from the doctor and continue on your healthy path!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagambler View Post
    Curly congrats on losing weight and taking care of your health.

Funny and not funny - several years ago I was also trying to get healthy, I started taking fish oil pills because they are supposed to be good for your heart. I started exercising on my elliptical and would get chest pain. This went on a couple weeks and we were in the middle of an ice storm. Might not seem like a big deal but Atlanta completely shuts down with even half an inch of snow. Anyhow my boss threatened to call 911 so I drove myself to a fire station that was near my house. They took my vitals and took my blood pressure and it was apparently really high. I drove myself to the emergency room and they kept me overnight ekg testing etc. I didn’t tell my boyfriend or family I was in the hospital. Turned out the fish oil is what caused my chest pain. I wouldn’t have thought the thing I was doing to get healthy would be the thing that almost killed me. Maybe a week or so after I stopped taking it, I was fine. But it was scary as hell.

I’m trying to motivate myself now to start exercising again and to eat better and I keeps procrastinating and putting it off. Reading about other jokers trying to get healthy is helping to encourage me to get it together. I hope that you get good news from the doctor and continue on your healthy path!

Funny because I started taking fish oil about 2 years ago. No side effects for me though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

Dang Dawn, glad you got checked out and hopefully can adjust in your healthy journey to make it feel great!
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dawn,
    Congrats on the weight loss! I too am glad you are getting tests and hope the results are good. 5:30 for a workout though? You are my hero! I'm seriously considering joining a gym when I retire. I have one 2 minutes from my house but may just join the YMCA a bit farther away because of their indoor and outdoor pools (I love to swim and it's so much easier on my knees).

Get yourself all better, it's been too long since we've seen you and bill

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Our Fitness Center has a huge indoor pool. Some in line with me are headed for that at 5;30.
    Funny note, I turned off my alarm last night as I couldn't to sleep, figured I wouldn't go today but woke up anyway. I'm a morning person.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

Hope the tests come back clear and you’re able to continue at the gym. Your 5:30 am workouts are an inspiration. I’ve been to the gym twice since getting back from Vegas. I need to get back to the point where working out is part of my daily routine.