Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
i will go in july to alaska if my cruise sails. i cant continue to live life in seclusion for an endless time.

i sure hope it survives but i am sure it wont be as fun or carefree as it was my last cruise right off the bat
sure there will be alot of changes

rehiring of staff from all the other countries is going to be biggest hurdle
Like you, I am scheduled for an end-of-July Alaska cruise with Celebrity. The pickle here is that final payment is due next week from me. If I don't make the final payment I lose my $500 non-refundable deposit. If I make the final payment (knowing almost certainly that cruise will be formally cancelled). I get a Future cruise credit or refund to my credit card for the entire amount. Regardless, I wont board a cruise ship until the items in the first post are resolved. Since the Future Cruise Credits expire at end of 2021, and refunds have yet to show up on most currently cancelled voyages, I may have to just throw in the towel on this voyage and lose the deposit since all other options are "games" I don't wish to play.
Trust me, after the nerve-wracking delay getting off the last ship in early March because of a passenger virus test result, its not worth the aggravation and risk.