User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Staying Busy in Retirement by Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene View Post
    I had this brilliant idea to try and make a winner's bank style purse for when I go to Vegas, so that I won't give my winnings back. I started with the pattern for the cellphone purse I made my granddaughters and added a double zipper on the bottom pocket and a grommet. Put a small lock on it and made sure that money rolled up fits. Now to get to Vegas and test it out.

Attachment 12032
    How cute, a such a great idea. You could sell these.

I had this brilliant idea to try and make a winner's bank style purse for when I go to Vegas, so that I won't give my winnings back. I started with the pattern for the cellphone purse I made my granddaughters and added a double zipper on the bottom pocket and a grommet. Put a small lock on it and made sure that money rolled up fits. Now to get to Vegas and test it out.

Attachment 12032
    Great idea but I could never use my Winner's Bank on more than a day trip. My Winner's Bank is actually collecting dust in my bedroom closet lol. Surprisingly, I've been getting better over the years budgeting during M&G's.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tee2green For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Great idea but I could never use my Winner's Bank on more than a day trip. My Winner's Bank is actually collecting dust in my bedroom closet lol. Surprisingly, I've been getting better over the years budgeting during M&G's.

I've been using the slot machines as my Winners Bank in the last few years. I put it in there for safe keeping
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to treyster For This Useful Post:

Attachment 12032
    Very clever, Darlene! I think you could sell them too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LowAndSlow For This Useful Post:

Attachment 12032
    Look at you thinking in retirement. I have no plans to do that. Very clever idea!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zeus For This Useful Post:

Life has been crazy and I haven't been able to craft much. My father has been in and out of the hospital and now my step-mother is in. My father can't stay by himself due to his health issues, so my sisters and I are taking care of him 24/7 (thank goodness for sisters). We are all wearing a little thin, but they are determined to stay in there home. Difficult discussions are ahead.

I was able to finally finish matching tumblers for Vernon and my granddaughter Skyler. She has finished her USMC service and will be transitioning to civilian life now. She had asked me to make them something special to honor their service. No pressure, YIKES!!! The only thing she requested was that it had the word SQUID on the bottom (some USMC thing). These are works from the heart and I was surprised that the vision in my head actually came out on the tumblers. She has not seen them yet and will not see them until I can deliver in person and see her face. Two Generations USMC Proud.jpg

I also tried my hand at making a pen, it was fun and something I will be doing more of once I get some free time. Toris pen.jpg

11. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

Sorry to hear about the family health issues - the struggle of dealing with aging parents. Beautiful work! The pictures on the side are a keepsake for sure. And the pens are really cute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsSondor For This Useful Post:

Life has been crazy and I haven't been able to craft much. My father has been in and out of the hospital and now my step-mother is in. My father can't stay by himself due to his health issues, so my sisters and I are taking care of him 24/7 (thank goodness for sisters). We are all wearing a little thin, but they are determined to stay in there home. Difficult discussions are ahead.

I was able to finally finish matching tumblers for Vernon and my granddaughter Skyler. She has finished her USMC service and will be transitioning to civilian life now. She had asked me to make them something special to honor their service. No pressure, YIKES!!! The only thing she requested was that it had the word SQUID on the bottom (some USMC thing). These are works from the heart and I was surprised that the vision in my head actually came out on the tumblers. She has not seen them yet and will not see them until I can deliver in person and see her face. Two Generations USMC Proud.jpg

I also tried my hand at making a pen, it was fun and something I will be doing more of once I get some free time. Toris pen.jpg
    Darlene, those tumblers are outstanding and the love you put into them shows. Check back in after granddaughter sees them with a pic, I bet she'll be amazed.

Pat
    Beautiful work. I love the one you made for me. You are so talented. Sorry to hear about your parents. I understand the difficult discussion that will have to take place.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Such talent! I hope you get more time to your crafts.
    Dawn