User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW Middle Seats

SW Middle Seats

Looks like SW has vowed to keep middle seats open through at least Sept. 30. Great news for my proposed upcoming trips to Vegas in July and KC in Sept. The only problem could be when I have layovers in a hub (like Midway in Sept) with them possibly having to load up a flight if other incoming passengers had flights cancelled or delayed and need to be rerouted to my flight.

https://www.southwest.com/promise/?s...ev-c_ext-_prd-

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook 3 using Tapatalk

Hopefully they stick to it taking them To KC...

On a Southwest flight (BWI-TPA) as I write this. Here's the skinny:

1. Middle seats are unused throughout the plane except for (i) the middle seat in the exit row that has only two seats (you can sit middle or aisle but only one person allowed in that row); (ii) families who want to sit together.

2. They do not allow more than the capacity of plane with middle seats unoccupied to board. I imagine if there's a family sitting together in one row they might let one standby board but otherwise no passengers in excess if capacity - middle seat.

2. Boarding takes forever. Even with 1/3 fewer seats occupied, it take a good 40 minutes from disabled boarding to the last in C Group. They are boarding in groups of 10, social distancing on jetway.

3. Water and peanuts. No sodas on flight, no cups, no ice.

4. You must have a mask on to board. You can take it off once seated - at least there's a couple people around me with no masks on and flight attendants aren't requiring them.

5. It's still a novelty so people are for now remaining respectful of distancing and Southwest's rules, but the atmosphere is otherwise pretty tense and there's gonna be passenger fights over this. Stay tuned, the fights are going to be on the Twitter soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    NOLEMAN

The Threadjacker

Won’t be peanuts read it’s a mix pretzels, crackers.

Quote Originally Posted by noleman View Post
    On a Southwest flight (BWI-TPA) as I write this. Here's the skinny:

1. Middle seats are unused throughout the plane except for (i) the middle seat in the exit row that has only two seats (you can sit middle or aisle but only one person allowed in that row); (ii) families who want to sit together.

2. They do not allow more than the capacity of plane with middle seats unoccupied to board. I imagine if there's a family sitting together in one row they might let one standby board but otherwise no passengers in excess if capacity - middle seat.

2. Boarding takes forever. Even with 1/3 fewer seats occupied, it take a good 40 minutes from disabled boarding to the last in C Group. They are boarding in groups of 10, social distancing on jetway.

3. Water and peanuts. No sodas on flight, no cups, no ice.

4. You must have a mask on to board. You can take it off once seated - at least there's a couple people around me with no masks on and flight attendants aren't requiring them.

5. It's still a novelty so people are for now remaining respectful of distancing and Southwest's rules, but the atmosphere is otherwise pretty tense and there's gonna be passenger fights over this. Stay tuned, the fights are going to be on the Twitter soon enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the live info! Boarding for my Biloxi junket did take a lot longer too. July flight to Vegas, no way I'm flying 5 hours without alcohol heading to Sin City. Gonna have to bring my own alcohol and ice and drink up early then take a little nap I guess. Junket flight attendants didn't have a problem getting us ice and cup when asked but I get that major carriers aren't doing this I guess. Also, longer boarding times going to make those 50 minute connections mighty tight to get to the gate for A boarding.

Sent from my Samsung Chromebook 3 using Tapatalk

Pat
    what is the rationale for no ice?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    what is the rationale for no ice?
    I am guessing from when I was a flight attendant.. the ice bins are Nasty. I can’t imagine they can get them clean without them tasting like cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNvegasgal View Post
    I am guessing from when I was a flight attendant.. the ice bins are Nasty. I can’t imagine they can get them clean without them tasting like cleaner.

I can totally see you being a flight attendant. I’ll bet those were fun flights.

I also think the no ice also has to do with having to reach in to scoop ice, even with gloved hands and changing gloves repeatedly, it’s like chasing your tail to keep it totally contactless.

I would take my chances so much overkill on some of these things imho

Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    I would take my chances so much overkill on some of these things imho
    exactly @dvantentop . There has to be a way they can clean without a taste. It's done everywhere else. No offense CeCe, but FA's nowadays seem to be "less is more" in their service on every airline out there. Can't they somehow individually put ice cubes in plastic bags until this nonsense is over with? My husband and I always laugh when the FA's start banging on the frozen ice cube bag.