User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SW Middle Seats

It's all about liability. No one wants to assume liability because sure as shit some dumbo is going to blame someone for a preventable exposure if they contract covid.

Also.. the FA’s main job is safety. They are there to get you off the plane if an emergency happens. The other stuff is a side to the main job. No matter how many people are on a plane.. the crew is based on the number of seats.

There is minimal time between flights to get the galleys ready.. and all the inspections done( check all the oxygen tanks for emergencies) double check nothing in any bathrooms have been tampered with or anything left or stored. Assign positions and get a crew briefing from the captain. Normally crews only board 15-20 minutes before the flight begins to board.. so not sure where in there they would be able to individually bag ice?

And when they get ice from the food services.. it is normally one big hard block you have to break apart. That is why you hear them throwing it on the floor to try and break it up. No ice machines on planes.

I hated the job most of the time. We flew NBA, as well as destination vacations, and prisoners...

My favorite was military.. we would do everything to make those young men and women comfortable. They normally were on the way to being shipped out.. or just getting home. So grateful for a full can of Coke. We would buy candy and hand that out when we could because we knew it was the little things they appreciated.

I wouldn’t want to be an FA in these times for anything. They don’t get paid until the door closes, and full pay stops when they land and door opens. Boarding and de boarding they make per diem which is like 2 bucks an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk