Hi Jokers,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Vernon and I both are recovering from Covid. We are both getting better slowly. This virus is no joke. We took the precautions that are suggested, wore our masks, used hand sanitizer and stayed out of large gatherings and still caught the virus. It hit hard and fast and the recovery is slow. Please protect yourselves and if you are exposed or feel sick, please get tested.

We are fortunate in that I had plenty of supplies to get us through the quarantine time on hand and was able to have delivered what we ran out of. Keeping family away was harder on them than us I think. We are past the contagious stage now and working on getting our energy levels back up although we still are staying away from everyone and sanitizing everything we touch.

For those of us that are a little older, I have gone back old school and keep a sink of bleach water and all dishes get washed and rinsed in bleach before going in the dishwasher. Countertops and door knobs also get a bleach wipe multiple times a day. Back when I was little, this was how mom did things when anyone got sick and we all survived, so I guess it must work

Our symptoms have been relatively mild; fever, headaches, body aches, dry cough, serious fatigue and loss of appetite and changes in taste and smell. We took Tylenol to bring the fever down, EmergenC and have started taking Zinc. I also take apple cider vinegar gummies daily.

One positive is that I've lost 10 pounds without trying.

Take care of yourselves, my joker friends and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.