User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID Got Us

Sorry to hear Darlene. Hope you both feel better soon! I just posted to FL Mary, that I think everyone had, has or will get this. Can only hope our bodies are strong enough to get thru.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Wow Guys sorry to hear the Rona tracked you down and found y'all and Fl mary . how weird is that . any ways hope yall feel and get better soon .but look at the bright side at least y'all cant get reinfected now .

Quote Originally Posted by charlie50 View Post
    Wow Guys sorry to hear the Rona tracked you down and found y'all and Fl mary . how weird is that . any ways hope yall feel and get better soon .but look at the bright side at least y'all cant get reinfected now .
    That is not true.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hope you guys and Florida Mary recover quick with no issues

A scary time for you, but it's good to hear you're feeling better. Please take care of yourselves, as it sounds as if the residual effects can last for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E4208 View Post
    That is not true.

Interesting where did ya hear that at Gary ?

Wow, @Darlene, I’m glad it didn’t knock you and Vernon out more.

At the beginning of this, when I thought for sure I’d get it because it was spreading through NYC like wildfire, I did think “well maybe I’ll lose weight if I do get it.” So I understand where you’re coming from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the well wishes Jokers.

Vernon exhibited symptoms first on the 6th and then I started on the 9th. 2 of Vernon's brothers that live on our property also came back COVID positive during the same timeframe. All of us are now past the mandatory 10 day quarantine required by the county and are all feeling better, but by no means feel ready to start going out in public unless absolutely necessary. I do think that a good portion of the population is going to be affected by COVID in one way or another as this is a virus and just like the flu can be picked up by casual contact. Wearing a mask is not protecting you from getting the virus, but is protecting those around you which is not something most people seem to get or either don't care about. One of the hard things for me right now is not being able to check on my elder parents and having to let my sisters step in and do the things I normally do for them, which my sisters are doing willingly but they both still work and it's easier for me most of the time. While I hope this bout with COVID gives Vernon and I an immunity, I know of an EMT that has already had COVID twice since March. My sister's boss also had COVID and so did his wife. He became pretty sick and she was asymptomatic and never felt bad at all. That's what is so scary to me because if she hadn't been tested she probably would have been spreading the virus unknowingly where ever she went.

I did get my flu shot this year and when Vernon first got sick teased him as he was supposed to go get his flu shot the next day. We neither one have had flu shots in years, but it was on my mind that this is the year to get them and I'm glad I did. As soon as possible, he'll be getting his flu shot as I can't imagine getting the flu and COVID both.

Very sorry to hear about you and Vernon, Darlene! Keep taking care of yourselves and feel better soon! Florida Mary, the same to you! Take care of yourself and hoping that your mom has been able to keep away from all of this! So many people believe that this is a hoax and that precautions are not necessary, but we have to do all we can to protective ourselves until this horrific pandemic is over!

Darlene,
    Wishing you and your family a speedy recovery. Remember the lingering effects and give it time. It is a wicked beast constantly morphing.
    Bloomberg surveillance has some of the best coverage I've seen. We are still learning so much.
    They bring on medical folks to discuss it. Changes daily. Better learn to duck. It's no joke.