User Tag List

Thread: MGM Slot Tournaments

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MGM Slot Tournaments

I've seen several of you participate in slot tournaments in Vegas. I've never gotten an invite to any of them and don't quite understand how it all works and the attraction. For example, Borgata has had slot tournaments by invite that I've tried. They pretty much have machines set up for the tourney and you sit at any one of them, put your card in and away you go. I've never gotten anywhere close to have a good score. I guess it's really all about picking the lucky machine. As for strategy, everyone seems to be doing the same thing, banging away at the play button as fast as they can.

So, are Vegas tournaments essentially the same? The invite I got is not for a high dollar (maybe everyone else got the same); I think there are 300 total winners??? Top prize is $10,000. Comp room is included, but just for the one night, so no different from choosing a room on the availability calendar. What drives you to make a trip to participate in a tournament? Is it the particular amount? Any other perks that you look for? I probably can't go for the one I got as it's in September and I have other trips planned, but if I get other invites, I might consider it. Thoughts?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowAndSlow For This Useful Post: