User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spirit, Frontier, or Allegiant?

Spirit, Frontier, or Allegiant?

I have a trip in the works and it may involve flying from Phoenix to Vegas (just an hour flight). Spirit, Frontier, and Allegiant are much cheaper (and better times) than American or Southwest.

Any of those three you prefer or you’d avoid? I’ve never flown any.

I’d have a checked bag and a carryon.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have only flown Spirit, they used to have a couple 2 across seats in front you could pay a bit more for, but for that short a flight may be ok in a standard. I think Frontier is similar to Spirit. Have not heard a lot of positives about Allegiant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sondor For This Useful Post:

I think have to pay for bag on all of those except Southwest, so factor $40-$50 a bag each way into the other airlines. Is short flight, so I would just go with best, most convenient times.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsSondor For This Useful Post:

Have you looked at JSX? Sometimes their prices are comparable. Plus no hassle with TSA , "private jet" type service. Etc...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TwoArmedBandito For This Useful Post:

I have not flown any of the three, but what I would look at more so that just the price is the number of flights per day from Phoenix to Vegas. One airline may have flights every hour and a half, where another may only have two flights per day. In case the flight you are booked on is canceled there are more options of you getting there on the carrier that has more options per day.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zeus For This Useful Post:

Never flown on Spirit. Only flown Allegiant a couple times and it was OK. Have flown Frontier several times and it's very similar to Southwest on the planes, the added fees for baggage, picking your seat, etc. make it almost the same price as SW most of the time for me when comparing prices.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darlene For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post
    Have you looked at JSX? Sometimes their prices are comparable. Plus no hassle with TSA , "private jet" type service. Etc...

Lol it’s $771. The others are $100 even with carryon and checked bag fees.

Did just read a Points Guy article about JSX and bringing pets on board.

I've flown Spirit short flights and its fine. I always bring a water onboard any plane so don't mind their price structure. Lately out of Atlanta they have the best times. A short flight I wouldn't hesitate to fly them.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyndyga For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    Lol it’s $771. The others are $100 even with carryon and checked bag fees.

Did just read a Points Guy article about JSX and bringing pets on board.

Yikes!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TwoArmedBandito For This Useful Post:

I always fly on southwest. Book when there is a sale I have been paying $59-69 each way. Tuesday is a great day to book normally southwest starts a sale then. Easy to cancel or change with southwest.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luckylinda123 For This Useful Post: