User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say a prayer!

Say a prayer!

Well, actually there are much more important things to pray for, but I do have an unusual situation we are dealing with.

My son, daughter-in-law and 5-year-old granddaughter all tested positive for COVID. DIL was first last Thursday, son on Monday and GD on Tuesday. We had my granddaughter overnight Friday and were all together at a wedding all day Saturday.

Don't mind if I get COVID, really, but our once-a-year trip is July 27-31, which means my husband and I need to hurry up and test positive or somehow manage to avoid it.

If we miss this trip, I won't have off again until next year.

So, maybe acting for prayer is a little much, but keep your fingers crossed!

Also, we were with my MIL and FIL this weekend and they are traveling with us to Vegas ... if we make it. The odds of all of us dodging that bullet are slim.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hccj For This Useful Post:

Say a prayer!

I just tested positive and feel like crap. I am thankful that the others that I spent the weekend with, so far have no symptoms, as I don’t wish this on anyone. If you don’t get this round, seems like a lot of people are coming back from Vegas with it, so you may come back with it anyways.
    I did get Paxlovid med and started on day 2. Day 3 and still feel the same, so waiting for that to kick in. Sorry to sound jaded, but I would be more concerned about your MIL and FIL, but everyone knows the risks and consequences and makes their owns decisions. Hope you all stay safe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MrsSondor; 07-14-2022 at 02:57 AM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrsSondor For This Useful Post:

Sending my best hccj that you avoid catching covid, and get well wishes to you Mrs sondor.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clemi For This Useful Post:

I really hope you remain negative and get to go on your trip. Also, @MrsSondor hope the anti-viral kicks in soon.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DK528 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Hi, Prayers and hope for a speedy recovery for Mrs. Sonder and everyone with covid.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to player For This Useful Post:

There is no shame is asking for good thoughts and well wishes, especially when it comes to wanting to visit the Motherland. We all need that time. Thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zeus For This Useful Post:

Sending positive vibes your way! I so hope you get to go on your trip. MrsSondor - I’m so sorry your having a tough bout with Covid. I hope your back to normal soon!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elf70 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Fingers crossed you are able to go on your trip. And you and MIL and FIL stay safe.
    Dawn

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Curlyd For This Useful Post:

Sending good thoughts your way. On a positive note, exposure doesn't always mean you get it...I spent 9 hrs in the car with Darrell when he had an active case and I never did catch it. At that point, we were both vaxxed and double boosted, but he was miserable for a few days.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPenguin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSondor View Post
    I just tested positive and feel like crap. I am thankful that the others that I spent the weekend with, so far have no symptoms, as I don’t wish this on anyone. If you don’t get this round, seems like a lot of people are coming back from Vegas with it, so you may come back with it anyways.
    I did get Paxlovid med and started on day 2. Day 3 and still feel the same, so waiting for that to kick in. Sorry to sound jaded, but I would be more concerned about your MIL and FIL, but everyone knows the risks and consequences and makes their owns decisions. Hope you all stay safe!!!

I sure hope you feel better and your response puts things in perspective for me for sure. I hope you feel better soon and sorry a fun trip turned sour for you. My husband and I are double vaxxed, but not boosted and I have had COVID once. My in-laws are vaxxed and boosted. However, I have been reading the forums and fully expect to return with COVID, but have been worried about taking them. Get well soon and when you do, you should get a do-over on your last trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Sending my best hccj that you avoid catching covid, and get well wishes to you Mrs sondor.
    Thank you, Clemi! And your home is lovely. Thank you for posting the updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    I really hope you remain negative and get to go on your trip. Also, @MrsSondor hope the anti-viral kicks in soon.

Thank you, Dina! I hope all is going well with you. Any Vegas or AC trips planned?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    Hi, Prayers and hope for a speedy recovery for Mrs. Sonder and everyone with covid.
    Thank you, player!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    There is no shame is asking for good thoughts and well wishes, especially when it comes to wanting to visit the Motherland. We all need that time. Thinking positive thoughts for you and your family.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    You are always so thoughtful in your posts and responses. Thank you so much!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hccj For This Useful Post: