User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G2e n00000b

G2e n00000b

Hey Jokers. So I know G2E is still a little bit away and all that but I am a total newbie when it comes to this event. I'm absolutely dying to go this year as I've wanted to go for the last few years now. I read that you can only get in if you're in the industry but I've also heard that tickets are given out for free or what have you...So I'm wondering if anyone and everyone can help with info on anything regarding this event. Like what dates are best to go during the dates its scheduled. What dates should my reservation for my hotel be made for in the event I can actually go. Etc. etc. etc. Any help would be very apprecited. Thanks Jokers!

I only went once a couple years ago. I got my Passes from Shamus on Playerslife, WMS gave him some. I believe some people were also getting them from Bingoking or something like that. You just need a number then you sign up on the G2E website and then pick up your ID at the event. We only made the last day (Thur I think) and it was nice as the crowds are down and you can get at the games quicker, the first day is probably pretty crazy. Evoni I think goes most years so she probably knows a lot more of the in's and outs. My wife really liked it as well, so hopefully we get back again sometime.

Thanks @sondor. Yeah @Evoni was my go to person, but I didn't want to bug her too much about it. Plus I figured by posting it here I could also get other people's ideas, opinions, etc. Thanks for responding about your experience. I'm crossing my fingers that I get lucky to score some tickets. I already checked CET and can get comped nights the entire time the convention is in town, which is awesome.

If nothing else sign up over at Playerslife. Not much happens over there anymore but that way if they offer up tickets your not completely new. Shamus still posts over there trying to keep the site alive...Hopefully he joins over here at some point.

Im wondering the same thing. Last year Aristocrat offered us tix at sf, but im planning to go at that time again this year and hope I can score some. Ive been the last 2 years and its pretty awesome!

I've been a couple of times and it is really cool. I don't have the stamina of a lot of the folks here that go, but I spent a few hours there both times. There is cool stuff besides slot machines that I also found fascinating. If I make it this year (still pretty iffy - have to choose between G2E and Halloween) I will likely pace myself again. I'd be surprised if tickets aren't made available to anyone on the forum that wants to go.

I'm sure someone will start a thread under M&G's when the time gets a bit closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Im wondering the same thing. Last year Aristocrat offered us tix at sf, but im planning to go at that time again this year and hope I can score some. Ive been the last 2 years and its pretty awesome!
    Keep me updated @Skyler! I'm gonna be kinda bugging around...I already posted something on WMS' facebook wall about it. I'll probably try and book a room (in case I do get passes) in the next three weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I've been a couple of times and it is really cool. I don't have the stamina of a lot of the folks here that go, but I spent a few hours there both times. There is cool stuff besides slot machines that I also found fascinating. If I make it this year (still pretty iffy - have to choose between G2E and Halloween) I will likely pace myself again. I'd be surprised if tickets aren't made available to anyone on the forum that wants to go.

I'm sure someone will start a thread under M&G's when the time gets a bit closer.
    Oh @Nhcris that's great to hear. I love slot machines but it'd also be cool to see what else they offer. The whole industry in general is quite an enigma.

I've already answered Rob's questions on FB a bit ago so I won't repeat everything here but last year there were lots of companies giving out links to free passes for G2e and most of them don't do it until around August or so. I've very hopeful that this year will be the same and anyone who wants to attend will be able to get free passes to the exhibits. If I hear of any free passes before others start to post links to them, I'll be sure to post and I'm sure any of you will do the same.
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

The year I went I think the link was from video king. For sure book a room while the comp is showing. Really don't think it will be a problem getting a free pass Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk