User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: But I'd rather like a 4OAK...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

But I'd rather like a 4OAK...

I might be greedy, but I'd rather just hold the pair and go for a 4OAK. Yeah I could get a full house, but then again I could get a 4OAK, although more of a long shot. Oh the struggles!

I would keep the 2 aces and go for 4 aces. Don't play DB often. But I know on DDB keeping the 2 aces and tossing the other pair is the correct strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by seemoreroyals View Post
    I would keep the 2 aces and go for 4 aces. Don't play DB often. But I know on DDB keeping the 2 aces and tossing the other pair is the correct strategy.
    Another one that is the correct strategy when playing DDB is that if you are dealt a full house w/3 aces, toss the pair (of whatever) and hold the 3 aces for the draw. I've done this before and about half the time I'll draw the 4th ace (sometimes along with a kicker). This works especially well when you are playing a multiple hand game : )

Blog Entries
    Yes, in DDB the correct strategy is to keep the pair of Aces only. But if you had a pair of twos, threes, or fours, and another pair, the correct strategy is to keep the two pairs and go for full house.

Basically since Aces pay the most (other than RF, of course), you always want to keep aces in any combo to go for the four of a kind.

That looks like double bonus so I don't know the strategy but I play double double and you would definitely only keep the pair of aces

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    That looks like double bonus so I don't know the strategy but I play double double and you would definitely only keep the pair of aces
    I believe Chris yelled at me for that, always keep the aces. But then again at least it pays something. But would I rather have 5 credits or 800? That's the question I must ask myself!

That makes sense too SB, I'd take that gamble! I might make a local run on Saturday morning (probably MoSun Pocono) and play a little bonus VP. We'll see if my noob luck has traveled back to PA with me from Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    That makes sense too SB, I'd take that gamble! I might make a local run on Saturday morning (probably MoSun Pocono) and play a little bonus VP. We'll see if my noob luck has traveled back to PA with me from Vegas!
    If you are just playing Bonus Poker you would keep the 2 pairs go for the full house. The 4 aces only pays 400. I am almost positive on Double Bonus where the 4 aces pay 800 it would be enough of a carrot to toss the other pair and go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    Here is a vid that you should check out (good luck at MoSun) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXXsDpeOfQ

If you are just playing Bonus Poker you would keep the 2 pairs go for the full house. The 4 aces only pays 400. I am almost positive on Double Bonus where the 4 aces pay 800 it would be enough of a carrot to toss the other pair and go for it.
    Enough of a carrot for me..:nod:

Quote Originally Posted by slotbender View Post
    Here is a vid that you should check out (good luck at MoSun) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QXXsDpeOfQ
    That's a good video, thanks! Heck she's saying 8/5, I've seen 7/5 before in a few places. Booo. I have a whole $15 in free play at MoSun, the carrot is dangling..woohoo big $$..hehe