User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Longest Time on One Slot Machine

Longest Time on One Slot Machine

I just saw GoldenGreek post on zeus' live Vegas TR that he sat on one slot for 12 hours (please confirm this GG and which slot). This got me thinking, what was the longest time you played on one slot machine, which slot and how much ahead were you when you left it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I wanted a time out, I would go back to kindergarten.

The longest time I spent on one slot was 2 years ago at the Borgata, the day for the Kentucky Derby, I chased the progressive on the old Out Back Jack slot for 5 hours. Only reason I left were dinner reservations and we were also eating with SlotMommy and her DH. I never hit the progressive (approximately $1200) but I left up $500 and I max bet at least the last 3 hours on it. It was a lot of fun.

My first thrilling visit to LV was back in 2001 and I stayed at the Monte Carlo. After the 1st hour of various slot machine play (with no luck) I had asked a cocktail waitress which machine would be a good one to play? She directed me to a $5 Wheel Of Fortune slot which I then had stayed on for 26 hours (I had started with $5k in my pocket to play with). The restroom was only a few steps away and I had the waitress bring me something to snack on when I had gotten hungry. Yup! Those were the days! : )

@slotbender, I can't imagine anyone can beat 26 hours on one slot! That's crazy and on a $5 slot, I guess you got rated real well!

Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    @slotbender, I can't imagine anyone can beat 26 hours on one slot! That's crazy and on a $5 slot, I guess you got rated real well!

Oh my yes! I went back to the Monte Carlo the following year and they offered me a free suite and everything else was comp'ed including airfare re-imbursement (back then, they didn't offer any free-play). As soon as I got in the room (after check-in) there was a knock on the door. A room service attendant was delivering (on a cart) a huge basket with a big bow ribbon on it. In the basket were many different kinds of premium meats, cheeses, crackers, fruits, etc.. The attendant handed me a greeting card & said that the basket was "compliments of the management". Like I said, "those were the days"! : )

Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post

Wow, he is even more of a degenerate gambler than me lol.

That shatters my record of playing on the Zeus III machine at Palazzo in 2013 from 6:00 AM until 6:30 PM. Would have played longer but I blew through my daily bankroll envelope and was out of money.

Usually my bladder catches up to me. Probably an hour or so 5 reel mechanical games I have best luck at for long play times.

@slotbender I have stayed that long on a crap table but maybe an hour is the longest on a slot.

I don't come close to those two, but back in 2006 I was staying at Ballys and got on a gems wild tiles machine that kept paying and hitting bonuses. I stayed there for 5 hours. Had to get an attendant to watch the machine while I went to pee! I was min betting, but think I ended up about $250 ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreeke View Post
    Wow, he is even more of a degenerate gambler than me lol.

That shatters my record of playing on the Zeus III machine at Palazzo in 2013 from 6:00 AM until 6:30 PM. Would have played longer but I blew through my daily bankroll envelope and was out of money.
    Degenerate? Yeah, used to be...maybe? Haha! But that was a time when disposable $$ were at/near an all time high and you had gotten a lot more play for your slot dollars (pre-SBG). The 2nd longest that I've ever played (since then) was playing the same vp machine for 14 hours on a weekend trip to the Borgata in AC 2 years ago (thank God for 5 Hour Energy Shots - ha!). I ended up breaking even on the machine (I was once down over $3k). I actually ended up being winners if I add up all of the comp's though (free flight & transportation, food, room, etc.).