User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Vegas Trip - Suggestions needed

Family Vegas Trip - Suggestions needed

I received an offer I couldn't refuse, so I changed Coushatta in August to Vegas hone:. Free flights and free nights in Vegas as well as a Slot Tournament . Called my sister in Colorado and asked if she and her hubby would like to meet us, they aren't much on gambling but decided to come anyway, now their daughter and granddaughter (she's 6) are coming too.

Trying to come up with things for all of us to do and still find time for me to gamble. Kid friendly suggestions are appreciated.

DH and I are arriving 8/2 and leaving 8/6.

I can't believe our flight times, leaving Tampa at 5AM on Sunday and then leaving Vegas at 6AM on Thursday, who the hell knew planes flew that earlylane: , guess I'll be sleeping across the country both ways .

Where are you staying? If flamingo they have a great pool the M&M place kids like and there is a arcade in the bottom of excaliber

Going in July and taking my son with us. I plan to go to the pool early and stay until it gets too crowded everyday, this is all he really cares about. I have the Secret Garden/Dolphin Habitat (Mirage), Shark Reef (Mandalay Bay) and The Madame Tussauds wax museum (Venetian) planned also. My husband doesn't gamble like I do so I'll get my slot time in at night once our family activities are over. Not sure if you have a car but it seems to be a lot of things off strip for the kiddos. Hope you all have a great time!!

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Where are you staying? If flamingo they have a great pool the M&M place kids like and there is a arcade in the bottom of excaliber
    DH and I are at Venetian and the others will be at TI.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephiede11 View Post
    Going in July and taking my son with us. I plan to go to the pool early and stay until it gets too crowded everyday, this is all he really cares about. I have the Secret Garden/Dolphin Habitat (Mirage), Shark Reef (Mandalay Bay) and The Madame Tussauds wax museum (Venetian) planned also. My husband doesn't gamble like I do so I'll get my slot time in at night once our family activities are over. Not sure if you have a car but it seems to be a lot of things off strip for the kiddos. Hope you all have a great time!!
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check into them. We will definitely rent a car for at least a day, as they want to see go out to Red Rocks and hike some. I will get my gambling fix in the evenings too. It will be interesting to see what times I'm given for the slot tourney and hopefully they don't interfere with things.

Blog Entries
    Good plan, stay at V and have them stay across the street lol.

Valley of Fire SP/Lake Mead loop is much more interesting IMO than Red Rock loop. Maybe stop at the speedway and see the Shelby museum on your way there.

Not much for 6 yr old at that end other than pool and mall. Might enjoy arcade at Circus-Circus and trip to top of Strat. Hopefully you won't get locked into having to do everything together with the whole group Darlene as that really cuts down on the 'Vegas Fun'.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend

Congratulations on the comps...and especially airfare!

Quote Originally Posted by treyster View Post
    Good plan, stay at V and have them stay across the street lol.

Valley of Fire SP/Lake Mead loop is much more interesting IMO than Red Rock loop. Maybe stop at the speedway and see the Shelby museum on your way there.

Not much for 6 yr old at that end other than pool and mall. Might enjoy arcade at Circus-Circus and trip to top of Strat. Hopefully you won't get locked into having to do everything together with the whole group Darlene as that really cuts down on the 'Vegas Fun'.
    Thanks Trey, I was hoping you would chime in as I know you and Linda ramble off strip quite a bit. I hadn't even thought of the Strat, that might be fun for all and Circus Circus is a must I think. DH and I have seen the Shebly museum before and I'm not sure if I can get him there again (he's a Chevy man), HHH.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSong View Post
    Congratulations on the comps...and especially airfare!
    I couldn't pass this trip up with the comps involved, I really debated on canceling Coushatta as I loved it last year, but knowing that the Jokers will be there in November made it easier to go for Vegas.

Darlene on the strip there is also the Tournement of Kings show at Excalibur, should be a good family show. They have an extensive arcade there as well similar to that at CC.

Another show option for the little one is the Pet Shop Comedy Theater at the miracle mile shops. Inexpensive and quick.

Darlene I hope now you will come to Coushatta in November ! We will have to replicate Ravens

Blog Entries
    That trip up the Strat might be pricey for 7 folks. Might want to check price before getting there.
    #######
    Fair dinkum legend