User Tag List

Page 45 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Mary, those sound great, especially the pork casserole. Crack slaw is very popular in my Keto group. Let us know how they come out!

I have to come up with something for this weekend, but I don't have a plan yet. I made two duds this week, so I am not excited to try again HHH. One was chicken fried cauliflower rice, but this time I tried using the fresh Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles fried rice blend, and I cannot recommend it. I really did not like the texture when it was done. the other was a chicken broccoli casserole made with cream cheese and it went down like a lead balloon. Oh, and last week I made a terrible taco soup I hate when I put in the effort, and end up with shit for supper haha!

I really should be making soup right now with this miserable weather, but I think I am going to do pizza for lunch instead. I've been wanting to try the chicken crust, but I am feeling lazy so will probably just use one of my Califlour ones.

What's everybody else thinking for the weekend?

Blog Entries
    @Nhcris Just want to say how much I appreciate this thread. It has made me more mindful of what to eat. Amazed at some things that have so many carbs. Have not cut them out completely, if I grow it, I eat it!! (Haven't bought vegetables in years!) I leave off the croutons now with salads, which are a everyday thing right now in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    Mary, those sound great, especially the pork casserole. Crack slaw is very popular in my Keto group. Let us know how they come out!

I have to come up with something for this weekend, but I don't have a plan yet. I made two duds this week, so I am not excited to try again HHH. One was chicken fried cauliflower rice, but this time I tried using the fresh Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles fried rice blend, and I cannot recommend it. I really did not like the texture when it was done. the other was a chicken broccoli casserole made with cream cheese and it went down like a lead balloon. Oh, and last week I made a terrible taco soup I hate when I put in the effort, and end up with shit for supper haha!

I really should be making soup right now with this miserable weather, but I think I am going to do pizza for lunch instead. I've been wanting to try the chicken crust, but I am feeling lazy so will probably just use one of my Califlour ones.

What's everybody else thinking for the weekend?
    Well I would bet big money you like the chicken crust pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    And it’s super easy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to make that broccoli mash @foamy described earlier!

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

It's really good but needs salt and pepper.

I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    And it’s super easy!!

I lazed out and just used one of my Califlour crusts. I topped with prosciutto, a few caramelized onions & some ricotta (along with the usual red sauce & mozzarella & oregano). It was delicious, but Frank carved it up before I could get a picture - Oopsie!

i will make that chicken crust one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by Nhcris View Post
    I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.
    I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

That sounds fabulous and within my culinary range I think I may try the vinaigrette on some chicken paillard over arugula.... Ya think?