User Tag List

Thread: Hello from San Antonio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Welcome! Glad you found us to join in on the fun : )

Quote Originally Posted by slotbender View Post
    Welcome! Glad you found us to join in on the fun : )
    Thanks, slotbender! I see you're from Harrisburg, Pa. I'm originally from the Irwin, Larimer area of Pa. Because my dad was military, I've lived many places including State College for three years. I remember the dairy on the Penn State campus and the great ice cream we bought when we were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by loisluvsslots View Post
    Thanks, slotbender! I see you're from Harrisburg, Pa. I'm originally from the Irwin, Larimer area of Pa. Because my dad was military, I've lived many places including State College for three years. I remember the dairy on the Penn State campus and the great ice cream we bought when we were kids.
    Originally I'm from the Pittsburgh area & I know where Irwin is. I've been there and through there many times (Rt. 30). I believe there is/was a restaurant near there in Jeanette called The Nest where you could order up a Lobster tail as big as your arm which was mighty good eating! I moved out towards Harrisburg (to watch over my aging parents) almost 9 years ago into a furnished apartment that has a month to month corporate lease because I don't know how long of a stay it will be here for me. It's just my Mother now that I'm watching over, she's still going strong at 96 and living independently in her leased home that's in a secure retirement community. Once after I'm no longer needed here I'll be moving on to N.C. close to where my Brother lives in Wake Forest (and be in *vacation mode*).