User Tag List

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot

I made pork "bobbycue" (as my Southern-born husband pronounces it) in my Instant Pot over the weekend -- did a rub on the pork, then a quick saute, then a cup each of chicken broth and bottled BBQ sauce. It turned out VERY tender -- of course I had to sample while I was shredding it. Much better than the slow cooker.

Blog Entries
    This just popped up on my FB account. A friend shared it and thought I would share it with you. It's about a problem with her instant pot and the companies response regarding possible replacement.

https://www.facebook.com/vanessalacl...c_location=ufi
    Dawn

owls
    Well, I broke down and bought an Instapot.. looking forward to cooking in it.
    028342B9-FB60-423F-A5C5-8A1C7005A5E7.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by owls View Post
    Well, I broke down and bought an Instapot.. looking forward to cooking in it.
    028342B9-FB60-423F-A5C5-8A1C7005A5E7.jpeg
    You will love it. Congrats.

owls
    Quote Originally Posted by Suze1000 View Post
    You will love it. Congrats.
    Thanks, Suze. I’m going to cook a pot roast in it this weekend.

I've had my Instant Pot for over a year and truthfully, I'm on the fence about it and considering selling it. It seems like so much darn work to get it set up and wait for it to heat up. Sure it only takes up to an hour for cooking But between setup time, browning time, get to temperature time, cooking time, cool down time, cleanup time for all those parts and then storage...I usually reach for a Le Creuset pot and my oven first.

Anyone else feel this way?

I made Jewish Brisket on Sunday. We celebrated Easter because my kids will be away this year. It came out so delicious!! Here is a picture and the recipe, I followed it exactly and everyone gobbled it up, from 4 to 84 years old. It was to die for tender!! and the link http://pressureluckcooking.com/recip...ewish-brisket/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mary9915 View Post
    I've had my Instant Pot for over a year and truthfully, I'm on the fence about it and considering selling it. It seems like so much darn work to get it set up and wait for it to heat up. Sure it only takes up to an hour for cooking But between setup time, browning time, get to temperature time, cooking time, cool down time, cleanup time for all those parts and then storage...I usually reach for a Le Creuset pot and my oven first.

Anyone else feel this way?
    Yes haven’t used it in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckylinda123 View Post
    Yes haven’t used it in months.
    I have an 8 quart. I use it for big things, like a whole chicken or a small turkey.

I liked mine so much that I recently purchased a mini 3 quart for small stuff. I just made delicious sirloin tips and mushrooms to put over gravy. I think I may end up using the mini more than the 8 quart. I love my Instant Pots.

D579EC14-AFE9-4CAF-8160-3AEC320ED8CE.jpg
    Last edited by Suze1000; 03-27-2018 at 07:16 PM.

2nd hottest day of the year...why not soup..we had bought a box of vidalia's and planned to try onion soup in the insta pot.,..was supposed to storm this afternoon so did not want to grill....anyway I wanted something a little heartier so shredded a piece of pork we had and threw that in....was really good
    image.jpg