User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alaska Cruise TR

Thanks for the report and pictures Glad you had a great time with your family. You look beautiful see you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska cruising is one of my favorite things to do! Loved all your pictures - brought back great memories! We are cruising next May on the NCL Jewel - Southbound from Seward to Vancouver, can't wait!!!

I love all these Alaska towns that the cruises stop at - and Skagway has one of the best breweries and fish and chips!

Thanks for sharing!!!!

Let me get this wrapped up.

We disembarked Friday at 6:45am and began two very long travel days to Denali. Luckily my sister and nieces didn’t come - it wouldn’t have been fun for them. We were on the bus/train for 10 hours each day.

Weather Friday wasn’t great so we didn’t get to see Denali at all. When we got to our lodging for the night, my sister and I set off on a hike. Ended up being a bit more arduous than I wanted but I’m glad we got some elevation and had great views.

We also stopped in Wasilla Alaska on the way up.

Also here are some sunset shots from the shop and from our room in anchorage. All taken after 10pm and a couple taken around 11:45.

Saturday we woke up early again and did a bus tour of Denali national park. Just breathtaking.

Got to see Denali and here are some other nature shots. Our guide said that Denali has a circumference of 250 miles!! And is considered by some to be a harder climb than Everest because it’s a sub-Arctic climate up there.

We learned about the park rangers who patrol the park. They don’t use cars/trucks/snowmobiles for transport - they use dogs. They also have lined the windows on the patrol stations with nails in case bears come looking for food.

Blog Entries
    So beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Dawn

We took a train from Denali down to a town called Takeetna. It was so enjoyable. We sat upstairs with large windows and a glass ceiling and there was a dining car below

No pics of Takeetna but it’s a super cute town. Which had a cat as mayor!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stubbs_(cat)

Got back to Anchorage around 8 and had one last family dinner. Next day visited the Anchorage Museum which was fantastic and did some shopping.

Also highly recommend Snow City Cafe. The sticky bun was out of this world.

Finally the trip home wasn’t fun. Crazy long lines at the anchorage airport. Had taken my sister 20 minute from the curb through security on Friday. Sunday, it took us 1.75 hours. As a result of the busyness, TSA apparently couldn’t scan all the bags in time so my mom’s and my suitcases didn’t make it. Got them though within 48 hours.

That's so cool I'm kinda afraid to go there as I might grab a gun and a fishing rod and Laurie and I stay in our little cabin love nest. hhh

Alaska Cruise TR

Fabulous report DK, thanks for sharing!

Whoops double posted! Well it was worth two thanks

Dina, your pics turned out great using your phone! Would have never guessed you weren't using a true camera versus a phone camera. Thanks again for the TR! You take the best vacations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk