User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alaska Cruise TR

Awesome pictures Dina and you are looking great!
    Karma Is Like 69 : You Get What You Give
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks for the wrap up. Your pictures are amazing. Very inspiring.

Really appreciated this TR Dina. Beautiful scenery. It sounds like it was an adventure to plan such a large family trip but you guys made it work!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Jen View Post
    What a great family cruise! Alaska has always been on my bucket list. I can’t wait to read more.
    Thanks Jen!

Quote Originally Posted by hytail View Post
    Dina, photos really hit home. Alaska my old stomping grounds.... Thanks for posting, I enjoyed.
    You’re welcome and glad I could bring back some memories

Quote Originally Posted by TwoArmedBandito View Post
    Thank you for the TR Dina. Such lovely untouched areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It’s so crazy how unspoiled huge swaths of Alaska are!

Quote Originally Posted by BorgataBabe View Post
    What an awesome experience! This will be a trip that your entire family will always remember. I love all of the whales and how playful they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks BB! I chatted about it a bunch with my nieces this weekend and it was fun to see how much they remembered. Yes it was only 1-2 weeks ago but their memories aren’t so long lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by hccj View Post
    Dina, Thank you so much for the recap and photos. You look absolutely beautiful and I am always so touched at how close you are to your family. I'm sure it can be challenging at times, but as a person who lost her parents way too soon, it warms my heart to hear how thoughtful you are to your parents, siblings and nieces.
    Wow, thank you hccj. I’m sorry that you lost your parents too soon.

My family drives me crazy and with its size, there’s always drama, but they’re my people my sister and I definitely weren’t each other’s biggest fans by the end of the trip and in such close quarters!

Quote Originally Posted by dvandentop View Post
    Wow look like an amazing trip definitely need to add it on The To Do List sometime.

You are looking great and happy. Thanks for sharing
    Thanks Derek. Highly recommend the trip

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Thank you DK for the fabulous pics and TR on your Alaska cruise.
    Thanks and you’re welcome Manette!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Thanks for the report and pictures Glad you had a great time with your family. You look beautiful see you soon!

Thanks Laurie - see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan View Post
    Alaska cruising is one of my favorite things to do! Loved all your pictures - brought back great memories! We are cruising next May on the NCL Jewel - Southbound from Seward to Vancouver, can't wait!!!

I love all these Alaska towns that the cruises stop at - and Skagway has one of the best breweries and fish and chips!

Thanks for sharing!!!!
    Which brewery did you like in Skagway? I think going southbound is the better option. Ending up in Vancouver is a lot cooler than Seward

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyd View Post
    So beautiful, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks Daw!

Quote Originally Posted by foamy View Post
    That's so cool I'm kinda afraid to go there as I might grab a gun and a fishing rod and Laurie and I stay in our little cabin love nest. hhh
    There are a lot of ppl who do that!

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Fabulous report DK, thanks for sharing!

Whoops double posted! Well it was worth two thanks
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeus View Post
    Dina, your pics turned out great using your phone! Would have never guessed you weren't using a true camera versus a phone camera. Thanks again for the TR! You take the best vacations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I know! It takes good photos!

I’ve been very lucky this last year to take some good trips.

Quote Originally Posted by CPT View Post
    Awesome pictures Dina and you are looking great!
    Thanks Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Elf70 View Post
    Thanks for the wrap up. Your pictures are amazing. Very inspiring.
    Thanks elf!

Quote Originally Posted by tee2green View Post
    Really appreciated this TR Dina. Beautiful scenery. It sounds like it was an adventure to plan such a large family trip but you guys made it work!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks Ida!

In Skagway - the best brewery we have found is the Skagway Brewing Company. They open early, and usually within 10 to 15 minutes of opening there is a line. We always get there early on cruise days!

And really - Seward is very nice. We are going to stay there a few days before we get on our cruise - tons to do there. This is where we took our boat tour two years ago and say amazing glaciers up close, and had the orca's come over and play with our boat. DH got it all on video! This is one of the reasons we are doing southbound. We plan to fly into Anchorage and then take the Alaska Railroad down to Seward. That route is so beautiful!!!

Thanks @bluesfan. We went to Klondike which was a lot of fun.

I didn’t get to explore Seward at all so I shouldn’t have judged. But I love Vancouver and didn’t get to do much when we were there!

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    Thanks @bluesfan. We went to Klondike which was a lot of fun.

I didn’t get to explore Seward at all so I shouldn’t have judged. But I love Vancouver and didn’t get to do much when we were there!

All good! This is one of the reasons we keep going back, there is so much to do!