PDA

View Full Version : The Weight Loss Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Stephiede11
06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
Stay the same weight this week. That's a plus in my book. I know I had too many cocktails last week. I will do better this weekend, hopefully. Good Luck Everyone!!

Jeani
06-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Y'all have motivated me with your terrific losses that three weeks ago I started the weight loss gang and as of yesterday I've lost 7lbs. I need to get out and walk more but it is too dang hot!!!!!! I guess I need to try and do it when I get up before my coffee, we'll see. :)

Jackpot
06-08-2015, 11:48 PM
WTG!! Jeani!! You are losing weight at a good pace, are you also on the Atkins?

Laurie
06-09-2015, 12:01 AM
That is great Jeani

Jeani
06-09-2015, 11:50 AM
WTG!! Jeani!! You are losing weight at a good pace, are you also on the Atkins?
Jackpot thanks! No I'm not strictly on Atkins. I am cutting carbs and eating more fresh veggies, salads and fruits. I'm diabetic and my last blood test my A1c was off the chain. It scared the "heck" out of me to get back to better eating. The posts on here also helped jumpstart me too! :)

That is great Jeani
Laurie thanks for the support!!! :)

QueenB
06-10-2015, 02:51 AM
Everyone is doing so great. Congrats! Awesome start Jeani! Keep with it.

QueenB
06-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Guess I missed a couple of weeks.

On 5/31 I lost 1 lb.

On 06/07 I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 94 lbs.

Hope everyones week is going great.

Stephiede11
06-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Y'all have motivated me with your terrific losses that three weeks ago I started the weight loss gang and as of yesterday I've lost 7lbs. I need to get out and walk more but it is too dang hot!!!!!! I guess I need to try and do it when I get up before my coffee, we'll see. :)

Awesome Job, Jeani!!

noleman
06-10-2015, 05:59 PM
Guess I missed a couple of weeks.

On 5/31 I lost 1 lb.

On 06/07 I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 94 lbs.

Hope everyones week is going great.

This is extraordinary and better than any jackpot I ever got. I am (most sincerely) in awe of folks who are able to do this and have tried unsuccessfully a couple of times myself.

nancypants
06-11-2015, 04:53 AM
Good job everybody! I will join the weight loss club as soon as I give birth in October. As for now, I am eating everything in sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenB
06-11-2015, 11:28 PM
As you should be nenshee.

RiverSong
06-27-2015, 03:32 PM
It was happy day at WW, we got stickers....I gained 1.4 lbs since weigh in 2 weeks ago. Bad me!

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i414/abqueen/b7b722206e9c044d85757b19c4e72fe2.jpg

goldengreeke
06-27-2015, 04:04 PM
I have been scared to get on a scale lol. Last time I weighed in was a week before Tahoe and have been eating ever since.

I will blame Ting, lol. He was VERY generous, bought me expensive dinners twice, lunch once, and a birthday cake!

Plan is to start again the day after the Fourth of July

QueenB
06-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Behind again.

06/14- No loss stayed the same.
06/21-Lost 3 lbs for a total of 97 lbs lost.
06/28-Lost 3 lbs for a total of 100 lbs lost.

I really didn't expect to hit the 100 lbs this week, it's been about every other week for me.

Cassie I know you'll hit it strong the next time!

Gene, you really looked a lot thinner in the Tahoe pics. Enjoy your 4th Holiday.

Penguin
06-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Queen, you are really showing that it can be done. Congrats.

DK528
06-28-2015, 09:08 PM
QueenB congrats -- that's amazing!
goldengreeke, I agree, you're looking very slim in the Tahoe pics.

I've been terrible about posting. But I am down 16 lbs since 4/16. Am on a prescribed weight loss drug since June 1 -- Qsymia -- which has taken away most of my appetite. Got a trial prescription for 28 days and am having issues refilling it. It's not covered and they want $300 for 30 days' worth. Trying to figure something out with my insurance and doctor.

QueenB
06-28-2015, 09:18 PM
DK,do you think you still need it? Once you got started and are getting "used" to fewer calories, you might find you don't need the pill anymore. Awfully expensive I agree! I hope you get something worked out. And congrats on your weight loss! That's terrific!

Stephiede11
06-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Congrats Queen B and Dina on your weight loss!! Hopefully you can get things worked out with your insurance company. Gene you will get back on track like before. I agree with others that you look slimmer. Cassie I know this week will be better for you.

I have been up and down a few pounds. This week I lost 2.4lbs. Hopefully that trends continues. Good luck everyone!!

DK528
06-28-2015, 10:01 PM
DK,do you think you still need it? Once you got started and are getting "used" to fewer calories, you might find you don't need the pill anymore. Awfully expensive I agree! I hope you get something worked out. And congrats on your weight loss! That's terrific!

Thanks! I think I'm going to stick with it for now. I think it'll become less expensive once insurance gets prior authorization from my doctor. If not, I'll have to decide.

Suze1000
06-28-2015, 10:08 PM
I hate my damned scales. Need I say more?

QueenB
06-28-2015, 10:21 PM
Congrats Queen B and Dina on your weight loss!! Hopefully you can get things worked out with your insurance company. Gene you will get back on track like before. I agree with others that you look slimmer. Cassie I know this week will be better for you.

I have been up and down a few pounds. This week I lost 2.4lbs. Hopefully that trends continues. Good luck everyone!!

Congrats Stephanie! You are doing terrific!

QueenB
06-28-2015, 10:22 PM
I hate my damned scales. Need I say more?

You've been doing some traveling too haven't you Suze? Vacationing can wreak havoc. Hope this next week is better or you!

Suze1000
06-29-2015, 12:51 AM
You've been doing some traveling too haven't you Suze? Vacationing can wreak havoc. Hope this next week is better or you!

Yes, you are right QueenB. I just returned from Silver Spring, MD. I was not watching my calories, and it was too hot for much walking. I am reeling myself in now that I am home. Thanks for the encouragement.

MNvegasgal
06-30-2015, 06:38 PM
My weight loss trick this week is Vegas when it is 115.. Lack of appetite for sure.. Down 4 lbs this morning.. I guess I can consider it fat camp instead of losing at slots.

Stephiede11
07-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Lost 1.6lbs this week. Really trying to stay on track since I have a Vegas trip in two weeks. I usually don't eat too bad on vacations, but not counting points for sure. Yesterday was the first 4th that I ate healthy, shrimp tacos. Good luck and never give up on your goals!!

Darlene
07-05-2015, 09:54 PM
I have decided to listen to my body, getting older and working at a desk job is really catching up to me. I get very little exercise and plan to start walking and riding the exercise bike again. I have a physical scheduled in 3 weeks and want to head off some of the things I know the doctor is going to bring up. I weigh more now than I have ever weighed in my life and can feel the effects it is having on me. So, I just ordered the NutriBullet since I don't eat vegetables on a regular basis. I have horrible about eating habits such as I've been eating a lot of sugary cereals for dinner since they are easy.

Any suggestions for those of you that are having success will be welcomed.

Stephiede11
07-05-2015, 11:35 PM
I have decided to listen to my body, getting older and working at a desk job is really catching up to me. I get very little exercise and plan to start walking and riding the exercise bike again. I have a physical scheduled in 3 weeks and want to head off some of the things I know the doctor is going to bring up. I weigh more now than I have ever weighed in my life and can feel the effects it is having on me. So, I just ordered the NutriBullet since I don't eat vegetables on a regular basis. I have horrible about eating habits such as I've been eating a lot of sugary cereals for dinner since they are easy.

Any suggestions for those of you that are having success will be welcomed.

Great job on wanting to become a healthier you!! The main thing is find something that will work for YOU. There is so many different ways to lose weight and be healthy and sometimes it is overwhelming. When I lost weight years ago, I did weightwatchers. Then I switched to MyFitnessPal. Now I'm back to WW because it's easier for me to keep up with points instead of calories. As for as exercising, I do what is fun and I'm always changing it up. I get too bored easily.

Good luck!!

Suze1000
07-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Double damn those scales!

goldengreeke
07-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Good job you guys. I jumped on the scale Sunday for the first time since the week before Tahoe. I knew I had probably gained weight, just didn't realize it would be as much as 11 pounds.

Time to start the diet again....tomorrow.

Stephiede11
07-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Double damn those scales!

This made me spit out my coffee, lol. Too funny Suze.

Stephiede11
07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Good job you guys. I jumped on the scale Sunday for the first time since the week before Tahoe. I knew I had probably gained weight, just didn't realize it would be as much as 11 pounds.

Time to start the diet again....tomorrow.
Gene, you enjoyed your birthday and the holidays. You know what to do to get back on track.

BorgataBabe
07-07-2015, 12:55 AM
QueenB, congrats on your 100 pound weight loss. Now that's the kind of loss we are happy about!

DK528
07-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Darlene, I also have a desk job and one thing I try to do is to walk for at least 15 minutes at lunch and sometimes more if possible. I don't know how easy it is for you to go outside your office and walk around but if so, getting a few 15 minute walks in during the day adds up!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. goldengreeke I think a lot of it is water weight/carb weight -- once you get back on the wagon, should lose it quickly.

BorgataBabe
07-11-2015, 11:35 AM
I actually started this thread on the shut down site and QueenB continued it here. I fell off the weight loss wagon early on in the year, I blamed it on work stress but we all know we can't let stress make us overeat.
So for 5 weeks now I am back to eating only lean meats, lots of veggies, mostly berries for fruit and 1/2 cup of brown rice or quinoa once a day. Lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks and like DK528, I sit on my ass 8-10 hours a day at work.
Once I get home, it's just running kids around which is not exercise. I'm leaving for my family vacation this morning to the Jersey shore, this will be a big test for me to see how strong my will power is as far as eating healthy. Hoping to walk a few miles every morning to kick start some physical exercise into my daily routine once I'm back home.
Congrats to everyone doing so well the first half of the year!

QueenB
07-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I actually started this thread on the shut down site and QueenB continued it here. I fell off the weight loss wagon early on in the year, I blamed it on work stress but we all know we can't let stress make us overeat.
So for 5 weeks now I am back to eating only lean meats, lots of veggies, mostly berries for fruit and 1/2 cup of brown rice or quinoa once a day. Lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks and like DK528, I sit on my ass 8-10 hours a day at work.
Once I get home, it's just running kids around which is not exercise. I'm leaving for my family vacation this morning to the Jersey shore, this will be a big test for me to see how strong my will power is as far as eating healthy. Hoping to walk a few miles every morning to kick start some physical exercise into my daily routine once I'm back home.

Congrats on your hard work the last 5 weeks! It has really paid off! Hope you have a great time on your family vacation. Fun first, diet strategy 2nd! I was on vacation over the past week, so I expect my scale will show a weight gain or no loss tomorrow since my last weigh-in the Sunday before last. There has to be SOME fun in life. Like many of you I sit on my ass for work. I work from home and I am sitting there from 5-6 a.m. to 5-8 pm.

Good luck to all.

DK528
07-11-2015, 07:48 PM

Have an amazing vacation, Borgatababe! Sounds like you've been doing great for the last several weeks and enjoy the walks :)

I have to say, I may be in the minority here but I usually lose weight or at worst stay the same on vacations. I think it's because I'm more active (even Vegas vacations -- usually am walking and/or dancing a bunch) and I snack way less. I don't do the mindless snacking that I do at my desk, I have two or three meals and don't necessarily limit myself to purely healthy things.

So maybe I just need to be on vacation all the time to lose all the weight that I need to lose :)

As for me, I've stayed the same (with a pound variance) over the last few weeks. I've continued to have trouble with insurance and the pharmacy about the medication that I've been taking, the prescription has expired and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive from the doctor's office. I wish I had been able to get to the doctor's office during his business hours this week but just couldn't do it. Can't wait to restart and regain the momentum I had for the month of June.

BorgataBabe
07-14-2015, 04:16 AM
Congrats on your hard work the last 5 weeks! It has really paid off! Hope you have a great time on your family vacation. Fun first, diet strategy 2nd! I was on vacation over the past week, so I expect my scale will show a weight gain or no loss tomorrow since my last weigh-in the Sunday before last. There has to be SOME fun in life. Like many of you I sit on my ass for work. I work from home and I am sitting there from 5-6 a.m. to 5-8 pm.

Good luck to all.

Thanks QueenB, 3 full days into vacation and the only bad things I've had are two glasses of Riesling and a few spoonfuls of my husband's sundae tonight. Other than that I'm still eating well and I walked 10 miles in 2 days.

My son turns 13 on Wed., we're going out for seafood so I will probably be eating something bad that night. Thanks for all of the support.

BorgataBabe
07-14-2015, 04:21 AM
Have an amazing vacation, Borgatababe! Sounds like you've been doing great for the last several weeks and enjoy the walks :)

I have to say, I may be in the minority here but I usually lose weight or at worst stay the same on vacations. I think it's because I'm more active (even Vegas vacations -- usually am walking and/or dancing a bunch) and I snack way less. I don't do the mindless snacking that I do at my desk, I have two or three meals and don't necessarily limit myself to purely healthy things.

So maybe I just need to be on vacation all the time to lose all the weight that I need to lose :)

As for me, I've stayed the same (with a pound variance) over the last few weeks. I've continued to have trouble with insurance and the pharmacy about the medication that I've been taking, the prescription has expired and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive from the doctor's office. I wish I had been able to get to the doctor's office during his business hours this week but just couldn't do it. Can't wait to restart and regain the momentum I had for the month of June.

DK528, I feel the same way about vacation, I also tend to lose weight. I think you're right, it's probably all of the extra physical exercise from our normal desk jobs that kick starts our metabolism!

Better luck with your insurance and being able to get back on your prescription.

QueenB
07-19-2015, 05:18 PM
I had gone on a short vacation over the 4th and gained 1 lb last week, which I expected. I was somewhat more active, but I ate a LOT, and foods I don't eat at home-fried foods, foods high in sodium, some sweets. I also enjoyed it very much! This week, I lost that lb plus 1.5 lbs more, so back on track. Pretty sure my vacay weight gain is mostly sodium, since I tend to lose it back in 1-2 weeks.

Hope everyone had a great week and be sure to have a great one this week!

Stephiede11
08-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Been slacking bad with workouts and posting here. I will start back posting here weekly. Good news, I'm still losing, even lost after vacation, and still going strong with WW. My summer is finally slowing down some so I will start back doing my daily workouts. I did 3.5 miles and upper body exercises this morning. I'm eyeing a Halloween costume for Vegas and I need to lose a little more weight to wear it. That will be my motivation to get my stuff together, lol. Hope everyone is doing good and enjoying the summer!!

QueenB
08-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Stephanie, you are doing terrific! Congrats. I know you'll look great in your Halloween costume this year!

QueenB
08-09-2015, 07:40 PM
I've also slacked off in posting here. Continuing to lose weight, just more slowly as is to be expected. As of this morning, total weight loss is 106.5 lbs since last year July. I'm thinking 20-35 left to go. We'll see when I get there. A couple of the more surprising aspects of this journey for me are my new-found love of fresh veggies and my reduction in sodium intake making a lot of things taste WAY too salty for me.

Stephiede11
08-09-2015, 08:41 PM
I've also slacked off in posting here. Continuing to lose weight, just more slowly as is to be expected. As of this morning, total weight loss is 106.5 lbs since last year July. I'm thinking 20-35 left to go. We'll see when I get there. A couple of the more surprising aspects of this journey for me are my new-found love of fresh veggies and my reduction in sodium intake making a lot of things taste WAY too salty for me.

That is a lot of dedication and hard work!! So happy for you. I know you will get those last pounds off with no problem. I love salt and that's one of my goals, to use less of it.

Skyler
08-12-2015, 03:30 PM
So glad some of you are still posting in this thread! When I got back from Tahoe I decided to try to get the pounds off that i gained during my move/remodel in the winter and spring. I cook a lot, but during that time it was mostly fast food and eating out. Im using my fitness pal to track calories, using the stationary bike I bought a couple of years ago and weighing everything I eat on a digital food scale. I've only eaten out once since I got back from that trip on june 23. So far ive lost almost 7 pounds! Im hoping to get to 10 or more pounds lost by the time I leave for vegas on Sept 25.

Hopefully when I get back from vegas I will continue, because id love to get another 10 or so off after that!

Good luck to all of us who are being midful!

SoCalRob
08-12-2015, 04:02 PM
So glad some of you are still posting in this thread! When I got back from Tahoe I decided to try to get the pounds off that i gained during my move/remodel in the winter and spring. I cook a lot, but during that time it was mostly fast food and eating out. Im using my fitness pal to track calories, using the stationary bike I bought a couple of years ago and weighing everything I eat on a digital food scale. I've only eaten out once since I got back from that trip on june 23. So far ive lost almost 7 pounds! Im hoping to get to 10 or more pounds lost by the time I leave for vegas on Sept 25.

Hopefully when I get back from vegas I will continue, because id love to get another 10 or so off after that!

Skyler what is your fitnesspal username so I can add you to my friend's list! I got a fitbit over the weekend last weekend and joined fitness pal hoping it helps me focus on losing 20lbs by November.

goldengreeke
08-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Congratulations to all who have stayed on their diets. I am not participating right now because I've been having too much fun eating anything I want, ever since lake Tahoe.

Needless to say, I have gained back EVERY single pound that I have lost and had to put all my skinny clothes back in storage until my next diet lol

Stephiede11
08-12-2015, 06:47 PM

Great job Skyler!! I know you will continue to get reach your goal. Have fun in Vegas.

Stephiede11
08-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Congratulations to all who have stayed on their diets. I am not participating right now because I've been having too much fun eating anything I want, ever since lake Tahoe.

Needless to say, I have gained back EVERY single pound that I have lost and had to put all my skinny clothes back in storage until my next diet lol
Gene, you know what to do when that time comes again.

Skyler
08-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Skyler what is your fitnesspal username so I can add you to my friend's list! I got a fitbit over the weekend last weekend and joined fitness pal hoping it helps me focus on losing 20lbs by November.

My username on there is Skyler103.

Gene Stephie is right, you know what to do. Just having the will power to do it, that's tge hard part. My fitness pal makes it pretty simple as long as you're accurate about what you log. I think I've come to the conclusion that if I want to maintain, logging will have to be a life long habit because its really easy for me to go off the deep end with eating if I'm not pay attention.

DK528
08-13-2015, 12:18 AM
Curious what my weight will be when I get home. Had lost 19lbs since mid-April before my trip.

Walked a ton but also ate parts of high caloric meals.

Gonna bet I've stayed the same or gone up a pound

Stephiede11
08-13-2015, 12:30 AM
Curious what my weight will be when I get home. Had lost 19lbs since mid-April before my trip.

Walked a ton but also ate parts of high caloric meals.

Gonna bet I've stayed the same or gone up a pound

Great job losing Dina!! Even if you gained a little it probably will come back off the next week.

Skyler
08-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Dina, remember too that youll probably be retaining water for a few day because of all the high sodium in restaurant food and the traveling.

Stephiede11
08-16-2015, 03:42 PM
My official weigh in day is Wednesday. I was up "2" lbs but knew I would be because I started back running. I ran four days on the treadmill last week!! I would rather run outside but it's too hot for that right now. Anytime I start a new routine, I usually go up a little bit. I know it will be down when I weigh on Wednesday.

I'm doing really good with food. Summer is kinda easier with all the fruit and veggies available. Plus I hate feeling so full when it's hot. Winter is a different monster, lol. Hope everyone is doing good. Have a great week!!

Stephiede11
08-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Lost 3.2 lbs this week!! Didn't run too many days because I hate running on the treadmill. I'll work on that more when the weather gets better to run outside. Hope everyone has a good week!!

TheSaltyBaker
08-24-2015, 12:48 AM
You are all doing great! I know what to do, it's the actually doing it that's the hard part! The heat just makes me so unmotivated... I know, suck it up so I can wear a cute costume for Halloween! Continued success for you all.

Amber

Stephiede11
08-24-2015, 03:22 AM
You are all doing great! I know what to do, it's the actually doing it that's the hard part! The heat just makes me so unmotivated... I know, suck it up so I can wear a cute costume for Halloween! Continued success for you all.

Amber

Amber, I know you will achieve whatever goal you set for yourself. Good luck and see you in Oct.

QueenB
08-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Stephanie you are doing awesome! I don't think I'll ever be able to run. I'm thinking those days have passed me by. LOL

QueenB
08-24-2015, 04:17 AM
Last week I was "even Stephen", which seems to be the case every other week. This week I'm down 2 lbs for a total loss of 108.5 lbs. The slowdown is to be expected as I get closer to my goal. I have19 lbs left for my original goal, then maybe up to 15 lbs more, depending how things go. I have upped my activity the last couple of weeks. Walking a lot more both outside and on the treadmill. I need to start some resistance training-hopefully this week!

Good luck to everyone this week!

RiverSong
08-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Well done folks....I haven't weighed in at WW in two weeks, too many BBQs. I'll get back on track soon.

Skyler
08-26-2015, 05:52 PM
So far Im down 8.5 pounds since june 23rd! I went crazy a couple of days when my AC went out and couldnt cook or work out, but those days didnt seem to affect me that much. Continued success to everyone!

QueenB
08-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Skyler, you are doing terrific! Congrats! I think many assume a "slip up" or going off your plan for a day or meal will totally destroy everything you've done. Most of the time it doesn't. The biggest effect is just quitting. Everyone has to find what works for them.

Stephiede11
09-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Gain a pound last Wed weigh in. I'm totally fine with that since it was a post vegas weigh in. Once school starts on Tuesday, I'll be back to my morning workout schedule. I just do better getting it done earlier in the day. Good luck everyone!!

QueenB
09-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Steph, only a lb after Vegas? Water weight. You've probably LOST weight by now. That is REALLY good. I usually gain about 5 on vacation and am fine with it, cause they are usually gone within a week. Congrats.

QueenB
09-06-2015, 10:11 PM
I am walking on air still today I think. I lost a pound a a half last week, but had a procedure and wasn't sure it would stick, but it did, and I'm down another 2 as of this morning for a total weight loss of 112 lb since July of 2014.

My biggest news is a "non-scale victory". One of my nieces is getting married on October 10th. I also have a Tunica trip coming up the following week with friends, so I needed a dress for the wedding and some more jeans, as the jeans I'd bought in April were already too big. WELL.........I am now in both a dress size and a jean size that I haven't been in for 18-20 years!

I still have a ways to go............looking at 15-40 more pounds, but it was such an awesome feeling to try on regular size clothing and have it fit!

Stephiede11
09-06-2015, 10:53 PM
I am walking on air still today I think. I lost a pound a a half last week, but had a procedure and wasn't sure it would stick, but it did, and I'm down another 2 as of this morning for a total weight loss of 112 lb since July of 2014.

My biggest news is a "non-scale victory". One of my nieces is getting married on October 10th. I also have a Tunica trip coming up the following week with friends, so I needed a dress for the wedding and some more jeans, as the jeans I'd bought in April were already too big. WELL.........I am now in both a dress size and a jean size that I haven't been in for 18-20 years!

I still have a ways to go............looking at 15-40 more pounds, but it was such an awesome feeling to try on regular size clothing and have it fit!
That is Awesome!! I love those moments when you can really see your hard work is paying off.

zeus
09-06-2015, 11:40 PM

Congratulations to you!!!!

QueenB
09-07-2015, 03:41 AM
Thank you so much all of you! It's so easy for me to look at myself and see the continued extra "lumps and bumps" and imperfections and forget to appreciate the progress that has been made. Times like this make it so worth the effort! Those who have been fortunate enough not to have to deal with this struggle don't understand the same way that those of us on this thread do. I applaud everyone who is trying. You can't succeed without trying.

Skyler
09-14-2015, 02:41 AM

That is amazing! Im just loving your success story!

I was under 140 for the first time in 2 years last week! Shopping in my closet has been fun. I hope I don't flake out after vegas, that's been a problem for me in the past.

QueenB
09-15-2015, 01:24 AM
Skyler, congrats on your milestone! I know that feels great! So far I have been able to eat what I want on vacation, but jump back into my plan when I get home. I gain some weight while I'm gone, but it's usually gone in a week. I think much of it is just water from eating foods I don't eat at home. We all have different triggers though.

QueenB
09-27-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm still going down, slowly but surely. I lost 2.5 lbs on my 09/13 weigh in, 0.5 lbs on 09/20 which I expected, since 2.5 lbs was a little high for a week, and another 2 lbs this week for a total of 117 lbs since July of 2014. I had hoped to be down another 5-6 lbs by October 10th, which is not likely to happen, but that is pure vanity on my part, and I WILL get there at some point. I am not thinking my family will notice I'm 2 lbs heavier than I wanted to be at the time, when I've lost more than 100 lbs since they've seen me.

I did have a bittersweet NSV (Non-scale victory) yesterday. My youngest daughter, who is now struggling with her weight, called me yesterday. She was asking about my progress and I told her I was making progress, but still had a ways to go. She asked me what my weight was now. When I told her, she told me I now weigh 10 lbs less than her. I am of course pleased for myself, but hate that she is going through these struggles. I don't wish it on anyone.

Hope everyone has a great and happy week!

QueenB
12-06-2015, 05:33 PM
Thought I'd revive this old "blast from the past". I know it's the holidays, a very tough time of the year! October was a tough month for me weight wise-I was on vacation for 2 entire weeks at once, which I never do, and gained more than usual when I'm on vacation. My family was amazed when they saw me, so that was terrific. It took awhile, but I finally got that "vacation weight" off, and started losing again. It's been a little slower now, but I expected it. Last week I hit a healthy BMI for the first time in over 15 years. I'm now down 123 lbs since July of 2014- 4 lbs from my original goal, but I plan on losing that plus up to another 15 lbs. Nothing with any time limits though. Life has more important things in store for me now. I am feeling blessed for the progress that has been made, giving me the physical endurance for the upcoming battles.

Hope everyone is doing well and in the process of Happy Holidays!

Curlyd
12-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Wow! congratulation on your success. I am inspired. It also helps that Hubby after having a triple bypass in June and completing 12 weeks of cardiac rehab has now joined our towns fitness center (I have been a member for years, using it sporadically) so that he can continue his progress. It makes me attend 3 days a week just to support him in his progress. It's a win, win for both of us.

Congrats again, nice job.

QueenB
12-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Wow! congratulation on your success. I am inspired. It also helps that Hubby after having a triple bypass in June and completing 12 weeks of cardiac rehab has now joined our towns fitness center (I have been a member for years, using it sporadically) so that he can continue his progress. It makes me attend 3 days a week just to support him in his progress. It's a win, win for both of us.

Congrats again, nice job.

Congrats on your hubby for continuing his progress and recovery by joining and actually GOING to the fitness center! Coming back from a bypass is a long road, and depression is very common afterward-more so than any other surgery for unknown reasons. He is lucky to have a supportive spouse like you!

twinslotaddicts
12-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Thought I'd revive this old "blast from the past". I know it's the holidays, a very tough time of the year! October was a tough month for me weight wise-I was on vacation for 2 entire weeks at once, which I never do, and gained more than usual when I'm on vacation. My family was amazed when they saw me, so that was terrific. It took awhile, but I finally got that "vacation weight" off, and started losing again. It's been a little slower now, but I expected it. Last week I hit a healthy BMI for the first time in over 15 years. I'm now down 123 lbs since July of 2014- 4 lbs from my original goal, but I plan on losing that plus up to another 15 lbs. Nothing with any time limits though. Life has more important things in store for me now. I am feeling blessed for the progress that has been made, giving me the physical endurance for the upcoming battles.

Super congrats on such a great job you've done!!!!

Ang

QueenB
12-07-2015, 12:18 AM
Thanks, Ang!

MNvegasgal
12-07-2015, 12:26 AM

What an amazing achievement - KUDO's to you for sticking to your plan. You are an inspiration. I am too on a challenge to become healthier. Working out 4 - 5 days a week.. less carbs, minimal sugar. Today was beautiful outside so we hiked our local Ravine Park.. and RAN up the hill to finish up. Tonight is restorative yoga.. a great to way to physically and mentally prepare for the work week. I know I am much healthier than I was at 40 - so my 50's are going to be really good if I continue this path. Thank you for starting the thread back up.

zeus
12-07-2015, 12:29 AM
QueenB, you have got to be so proud of yourself! Congrats on hitting a healthy BMI. That is so awesome! I bet you blew the socks off of your family. I am so thrilled for you. If I could just get my lazy butt up then possibly I could lose what I need to. Easier said than done. But you are now a healthier you. Congrats again!

QueenB
12-07-2015, 12:51 AM
What an amazing achievement - KUDO's to you for sticking to your plan. You are an inspiration. I am too on a challenge to become healthier. Working out 4 - 5 days a week.. less carbs, minimal sugar. Today was beautiful outside so we hiked our local Ravine Park.. and RAN up the hill to finish up. Tonight is restorative yoga.. a great to way to physically and mentally prepare for the work week. I know I am much healthier than I was at 40 - so my 50's are going to be really good if I continue this path. Thank you for starting the thread back up.

Thank you so much! Wow, you are really killing the activity! I wish I could be a "gym rat". I was doing really well over the summer walking outside and using the treadmill when I couldn't. I've fallen off even that wagon lately with all the other priorities right now. I bet you are buff! Good to do it now too. It doesn't get any easier the older you get.

MNvegasgal
12-07-2015, 12:59 AM
Thank you so much! Wow, you are really killing the activity! I wish I could be a "gym rat". I was doing really well over the summer walking outside and using the treadmill when I couldn't. I've fallen off even that wagon lately with all the other priorities right now. I bet you are buff! Good to do it now too. It doesn't get any easier the older you get.

Luckily I go to a really small gym.. that has group work outs for people just like me. I am not intimidated like I would be at a normal gym. I am starting to get muscle tone.. and have less waddle in my chicken flab arms.. so all those are pluses. I love walking outside.. but winters in MN get tough.. so glad I have options. Lost 6% body fat since October.. but have a long way to go to get to my optimal healthy self.. but I'm working towards it and give myself credit every day for moving in the right direction.

QueenB
12-07-2015, 12:59 AM
QueenB, you have got to be so proud of yourself! Congrats on hitting a healthy BMI. That is so awesome! I bet you blew the socks off of your family. I am so thrilled for you. If I could just get my lazy butt up then possibly I could lose what I need to. Easier said than done. But you are now a healthier you. Congrats again!

Thanks so much, Zeus. It was really neat! My Mom, brother, and nephew had all seen me at my heaviest and didn't know that I had been losing weight. (I told my sister since her daughter was getting married). They were amazed, in a good way. That was a good feeling, after them being amazed in not a good way when I was at my worst. The best feeling though, honestly is being healthier!

Laurie
01-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Okay new year same resolution to take off the pounds! I started out good last year and won't bother listing my excuses for getting off track! I have a fitbit now so hopefully that will get me moving! You ladies have done so great and are an inspiration! Hoping for a healthy new year!!

QueenB
01-03-2016, 07:11 PM
You got this, Laurie! Being healthy is the most important!

nancypants
02-25-2016, 01:55 AM
I'm joining this thread! The pregnancy weight won't come off on its own. We just got a used elliptical off craigslist so that'll be my weapon of choice! Need to drop 40 pounds.

darrellk
02-25-2016, 02:18 AM
This BIG GUY has never knowingly been on a diet however doctor gave me a blood pressure prescription that includes a water pill which allowed me to lose ten pounds. Inspired by that and concerned about my glucose level this week I gave up sweets and soda & lost a couple more lbs. my goal is to lose an additional 20 lbs so if this is going to happen it will require an increase in exercise.

declansgigi
02-25-2016, 02:32 AM
Cool thread, I am down 23lbs so far this year. Determined to start my 50's off with a positive change.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

dvandentop
02-25-2016, 03:42 AM
9lbs since superbowl

Big Mac
02-25-2016, 04:01 AM
Down 10 since new year cut out sugar and walking 20 min a day and watching portion sizes another 20 to go cruise is going to be my cheat week

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

zeus
02-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Cool thread, I am down 23lbs so far this year. Determined to start my 50's off with a positive change.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Terri, you have get to be so proud of yourself! I know you said you needed to make some changes. Boy are they paying off. Congrats!

zeus
02-25-2016, 10:41 AM
9lbs since superbowl
D will be sporting a Speedo in Vegas this year.

Elf70
02-25-2016, 11:40 AM
I lost 25 last year. I've maintained the loss so far this year but really need to lose 10 to 15 more. Hopefully posting this here will help me get back in loss mode. Losing weight is so darn hard -especially since I love sweets so much!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slotbender
02-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Well, I've been on a sea food diet...I see food and I eat it! hhh

dvandentop
02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
D will be sporting a Speedo in Vegas this year.
Lol woo will be by the pool tomorrow morn!

Jeans that I haven't worn since nye trip deffinately looser

declansgigi
03-31-2016, 02:26 AM
I won our weight loss challenge at work. Those Bitches didn't know who they were messing with. Lost 21lbs in 2 months total of 9.9% body weight. Took the $ and ran! Ended up with $237 and had an additional $12 in quarters which I gave to the second place loser ;)
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160331/a025a9d25a6fe7293ab3bfbbedaff02f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Curlyd
03-31-2016, 02:33 AM
I won our weight loss challenge at work. Those Bitches didn't know who they were messing with. Lost 21lbs in 2 months total of 9.9% body weight. Took the $ and ran! Ended up with $237 and had an additional $12 in quarters which I gave to the second place loser ;)

Nice job!!!!

declansgigi
03-31-2016, 02:35 AM
Heading to Tunica Friday and Sunday nights, maybe I can turn it into so real $

MNvegasgal
03-31-2016, 02:43 AM

Great work!! Impressive loss in a short amount of time.. Now turn that into big bucks!!

dvandentop
03-31-2016, 03:52 AM
Awesome congrats!!

zeus
03-31-2016, 08:45 AM
Way to go, Teri! I am thrilled for you and I know you must be proud of yourself. I hope that extra BR is lucky for you!

Mary9915
03-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Great job!

Suze1000
03-31-2016, 02:38 PM

Holy shit! I would not be able to lose that much in two years!!! You rock. Good luck on turning it into a huge hand pay.

Reen
03-31-2016, 03:59 PM
Congratulations! That is a big weight loss in short time! Better than joining weight watchers! Have a great time in Tunica!

BorgataBabe
03-31-2016, 10:57 PM

declansgigi, that is awesome! Keep it up! I myself am back to eating clean, it's so hard but I've lost 10 pounds in the last month, want to lose another 20!

declansgigi
03-31-2016, 10:59 PM
Good job BorgataBabe! Keep up the good work, you can do it!

dwwright12
04-01-2016, 01:29 AM
Heading to Tunica Friday and Sunday nights, maybe I can turn it into so real $

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on the big loss! And win!! Good luck in Tunica!

bluesfan
04-09-2016, 11:19 PM
I decided in early February to finally get my ass in shape and lose some weight! I started writing down everything I ate and monitoring calorie intact. I also started getting some prepackaging fresh foods from a local chain here in St. Louis, all healthy and without all that added junk that is in a lot of store bought food. I can say today i am down 12 pounds and people I work with are starting to notice! So that makes me feel really good, and gives me the incentive to keep going. I have a goal in mind but am taking this 1 week at a time. As long as the scale does not go up, i am happy with how I am doing!

DK528
04-10-2016, 12:17 AM
Belated Congrats declansgigi and that's fantastic bluesfan! I find that when I've lost weight (many many times; usually before gaining it back), others notice before I do!

dwwright12
04-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Congrats, bluesfan!! Sounds like a very sensible approach. Good luck to you.

Elf70
04-10-2016, 12:45 PM
Way to go bluesfan! Losing weight is so damn hard. I lost plenty last year but am struggling to lose the last 10. I'm hoping to get re-motivated after my Vegas trip this week. I too had the best results when I kept a food log. It really helped me decide if something is "calorie worthy." I've got to get back at it. Good luck going forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bluesfan
04-10-2016, 01:57 PM
It really is helping me Elf70, i took look at how I am tracking for the day to determine if that food item is worth it or not. I am also trying to do long walks - dog sure loves it - to help balance everything out! I am very careful when I eat out and try to avoid carbs as much as possible. The servers look at us funny when we say no bread! LOL last thing i need....
Good Luck to you as well!

slotmanjack
04-10-2016, 06:59 PM
I decided in early February to finally get my ass in shape and lose some weight! I started writing down everything I ate and monitoring calorie intact. I also started getting some prepackaging fresh foods from a local chain here in St. Louis, all healthy and without all that added junk that is in a lot of store bought food. I can say today i am down 12 pounds and people I work with are starting to notice! So that makes me feel really good, and gives me the incentive to keep going. I have a goal in mind but am taking this 1 week at a time. As long as the scale does not go up, i am happy with how I am doing!

Great stuff!