User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand-photos and opinion of restaurant

Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand-photos and opinion of restaurant

Had a great dinner at Joel Robuchon last month with Noleman before leaving for Lake Tahoe!

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2015/07/joel-robuchon.html
    Slot Youtube Channel:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Las Vegas Trip reports:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:

What a great write-up Diana! Sounds like great company and mainly great dishes but sorry it wasn't all totally amazing.

I've eaten there as a solo diner and you hit the nail on the head -- service was a little slow as a solo diner. But otherwise, had an incredible experience. I'd pay just for the bread and mignardises (sp?) carts!

Excellent review and thanks for the write up on Joel Robuchon, hoping to make it there someday.

Oh my that lemon looked scrumptious!

Great review and pictures. Friends of mine have had the 16 course menu there and raved about it so I have always wanted to try it, probably will at some point...

The bread cart, butter from France plus the mignardises is just visually stunning. I had that butter in France and it's to die for!

Glad you and Noleman had a lively evening conversing, too bad about the service being too slow. Did you have wine with your meal?

Quote Originally Posted by DK528 View Post
    What a great write-up Diana! Sounds like great company and mainly great dishes but sorry it wasn't all totally amazing.

I've eaten there as a solo diner and you hit the nail on the head -- service was a little slow as a solo diner. But otherwise, had an incredible experience. I'd pay just for the bread and mignardises (sp?) carts!
    I might have just been expecting too much due to the 3 stars from Michelin. If I have friends that want to eat there in the future I certainly wouldn't turn it down.

Quote Originally Posted by clemi View Post
    Excellent review and thanks for the write up on Joel Robuchon, hoping to make it there someday.

Oh my that lemon looked scrumptious!
    It was wonderful, really loved my lemon dessert and lobster and turnip appetizer.

Quote Originally Posted by hlaburg View Post
    Great review and pictures. Friends of mine have had the 16 course menu there and raved about it so I have always wanted to try it, probably will at some point...

The bread cart, butter from France plus the mignardises is just visually stunning. I had that butter in France and it's to die for!

Glad you and Noleman had a lively evening conversing, too bad about the service being too slow. Did you have wine with your meal?
    Normally I never put butter on bread, I prefer it plain but I had to try their butter and I agree with you about it being to die for, best I've ever had!

I think the service was excellent for us, except not the fail when I asked to see the list of dessert wines. But since it's Vegas and some are eager to get out to gamble after a couple hours I could see where some would find it a bit on the slow side.

I think you've mentioned that you have eaten at French Laundry in the past? IMO, between the two restaurants French Laundry would take first place.

I had a glass of Riesling with dinner, it was good and paired reasonably well with what I ordered.
    Slot Youtube Channel:

Las Vegas Trip reports:

Twitter:

Loved your write up! The pictures of all the food was amazing I just wish they had smell-a-vision! Thanks for your review~!

Great report Diana! The food pics and descriptions look really delish! I don't know if I could ever do a 4 hour sit down dinner in Vegas though? It would take too much time away from the gaming floor. Haha!

Fantastic reporting like usual. Not my cup of tea since I'm not a foodie but my daughter would absolutely love it!!! I'll be showing her your review later on today. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Ang

Loved you report I would like to try eating there.

Thanks for the tasty report. I don't mind a long dinner as long as I'm with good company. How much is it just to eat bread and butter?!