PDA

View Full Version : Low carb eating doesn't suck!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

chrissyDee
12-29-2017, 01:52 AM
Had Christmas with my family in Plymouth today, and my sister was gracious enough to adapt to our low carb suggestions, so between us we had a luncheon feast that worked for everyone.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/0479c8c858ce13f02237fec5c7a4c25c.jpg

On the way home we stopped for some seafood with Mitch before he heads back to Texas tomorrow.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/78ff8d89c2764f170990be7c7442398b.jpg

It was Wicked Twins Thursday :victorious: The perfect Keto meal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curlyd
12-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Watching Top Chef (catching up now that we are back home). The chefs had to made kiddy food using toy utensils. They drew knives for what they had to cook and part of the judges were 3 kids whose dads were chefs. Anyway the chef who won the quick fire drew pizza and she made a cauliflower crust (from scratch, grating up the cauliflower). The kids said it tasted like the real thing! I definitely want to try it even if Bill won't touch it. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

Mary9915
12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
Made a little white pizza for lunch...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/c686c9e0df1f0b6e9a425d2982fb8065.jpg

Nhcris
12-29-2017, 08:38 PM

Mary, that looks excellent! Is that the Fathead Pizza crust? Did you use just cheese or is there a white sauce on there? Inquiring minds want to know as it looks so damn good!

Mary9915
12-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Mary, that looks excellent! Is that the Fathead Pizza crust? Did you use just cheese or is there a white sauce on there? Inquiring minds want to know as it looks so damn good!

Holy crap, it was good! It was kinda an experiment...I use the Fathead offshoot recipe with coconut flour. I used a low carb jarred alfredo sauce. To assemble, grated Parmesan, white sauce, chunks of sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, seasonings (smoked paprika, garlic, oregano), more parm and mozzarella. Bake and finish under the broiler.

Laurie
12-29-2017, 08:52 PM
That looks really good Mary!!

Nhcris
12-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Holy crap, it was good! It was kinda an experiment...I use the Fathead offshoot recipe with coconut flour. I used a low carb jarred alfredo sauce. To assemble, grated Parmesan, white sauce, chunks of sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, seasonings (smoked paprika, garlic, oregano), more parm and mozzarella. Bake and finish under the broiler.

Everything about it sounds delicious! I am now on a quest to find a decent low carb alfredo, as my one attempt from scratch was pretty dismal. Thank you!

foamy
12-29-2017, 09:41 PM

Yum that's what I want for supper

Laurie
12-29-2017, 11:17 PM
here is our reuben pizza, used the same crust as last time

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/349dd0865c60399413b59ed6fb6e4bcf.jpg

Curlyd
12-29-2017, 11:50 PM

OMG that looks so good. Do you bake it on the rack or just use it for cooling. I have a pizza stone that I like and thought I could use it.

Mary9915
12-29-2017, 11:57 PM
here is our reuben pizza, used the same crust as last time

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171229/349dd0865c60399413b59ed6fb6e4bcf.jpg

I was think about doing a Reuben also...did you like it? Did you put it on red sauce or???

Mary9915
12-30-2017, 12:00 AM
OMG that looks so good. Do you bake it on the rack or just use it for cooling. I have a pizza stone that I like and thought I could use it.

I baked the crust on a piece of parchment on the rack. When I baked the pizza it was on the rack only (no parchment) and I used convection. This was the first time it was nice and crispy...otherwise it kept getting soggy. I'd be interested to see how it turns out on the stone...

Laurie
12-30-2017, 12:07 AM
I was think about doing a Reuben also...did you like it? Did you put it on red sauce or???

Yes we love reubens good change from traditional toppings. I used thousand island dressing for the sauce

Mary9915
12-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Yes we love reubens good change from traditional toppings. I used thousand island dressing for the sauce

Omg, great idea! I'm going to steal it!

zeus
12-30-2017, 12:09 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI love anything reuben so I know I would love that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

foamy
12-30-2017, 12:09 AM

It was great I would rather have this crust than Pizza Hut

Mary9915
12-30-2017, 12:11 AM
It was great I would rather have this crust than Pizza Hut

I agree! I don't get heartburn eating this pizza...I'm on fire with regular pizza.

foamy
12-30-2017, 12:12 AM
I agree! I don't get heartburn eating this pizza...I'm on fire with regular pizza.

I don't know what heartburn is I can eat anything

Mary9915
12-30-2017, 12:26 AM
I don't know what heartburn is I can eat anything

You are so lucky! Spicy food, garlic and carbs get me all the time.

foamy
12-30-2017, 12:28 AM
You are so lucky! Spicy food, garlic and carbs get me all the time.

I ate a Carolina reaper and I got the hiccups for a few minutes damn hot I will never do it again

Curlyd
12-30-2017, 06:43 AM
I baked the crust on a piece of parchment on the rack. When I baked the pizza it was on the rack only (no parchment) and I used convection. This was the first time it was nice and crispy...otherwise it kept getting soggy. I'd be interested to see how it turns out on the stone...

I have a dual/fuel with convection oven. If I don't like the way it comes out on the stone I will get a rack and use the convection oven. But first I need to get the ingredients! Thanks

Darlene
01-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Tried riced califlower tonight with the traditional New Years black eyed peas and ham. It wasn't horrible.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BorgataBabe
01-02-2018, 04:38 AM
I cooked a pot of cabbage soup today and grilled chicken for my salads. I ate what I wanted through the holidays but starting tomorrow I am back to eating clean, I am at my heaviest besides being pregnant and I feel like shit!

It will take about 3 weeks for my carb craving to be gone and I will be miserable detoxing off of sugar but I know I will feel much better afterwards. Not sure any of you will want many of my recipes when I clean eat, they are kind of boring since you are all still eating cheese and processed meats.

I am going to look into making that cauliflower pizza crust, if any of you make it please post that recipe.

Laurie
01-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Shredded and sautéed radishes and a little chopped onion in butter. Supposed to be similar to potatoes not sure about that but really good. Changes them to a mild flavor

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/e8d4b1ab2aa409c666e2976bc1fce781.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/6690ce62faea87e93d2457eb1125025a.jpg

Nhcris
01-03-2018, 02:56 AM
I cooked a pot of cabbage soup today and grilled chicken for my salads. I ate what I wanted through the holidays but starting tomorrow I am back to eating clean, I am at my heaviest besides being pregnant and I feel like shit!

It will take about 3 weeks for my carb craving to be gone and I will be miserable detoxing off of sugar but I know I will feel much better afterwards. Not sure any of you will want many of my recipes when I clean eat, they are kind of boring since you are all still eating cheese and processed meats.

I am going to look into making that cauliflower pizza crust, if any of you make it please post that recipe.

Yay, I hope you will share your recipes with us. I am open to most anything, and would love to know more about eating clean.

I hope the next 3 weeks go easier than you expect, and you know you will feel so much better after that!

Nhcris
01-03-2018, 02:58 AM
Tried riced califlower tonight with the traditional New Years black eyed peas and ham. It wasn't horrible.

HAHA, IT WASN'T HORRIBLE :D Try it mashed with cheese & bacon. It is not horrible at all!

michelelovesvegas
01-03-2018, 03:24 AM

I would like your take on escarole soup, as I had to pick all mine due to a deep freeze here this week! Don't need whole recipe, just the jest and I can make it work. I have done it with beans before and good. Just did some Utica greens with seared scallops, have a little left for tomorrow.

BorgataBabe
01-03-2018, 04:12 AM
Yay, I hope you will share your recipes with us. I am open to most anything, and would love to know more about eating clean.

I hope the next 3 weeks go easier than you expect, and you know you will feel so much better after that!
Nhcris, I will definitely post and share pictures when I have some good recipes. As far as clean eating, it's simple enough but not easy at first, just try to not to eat processed foods. You can read a lot about clean eating online. I just need to make it a lifestyle and not something I only do when I want to lose weight.

BorgataBabe
01-03-2018, 04:20 AM
I would like your take on escarole soup, as I had to pick all mine due to a deep freeze here this week! Don't need whole recipe, just the jest and I can make it work. I have done it with beans before and good. Just did some Utica greens with seared scallops, have a little left for tomorrow.

Michelle, I had just made cabbage soup not escarole but I can give you a recipe for Italian escarole soup which does not have beans in it, let me know if you want that one.

Although I often make escarole and beans, I just sauté garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil, season to your liking with salt, pepper, I also add crushed red pepper flakes. Add your beans (I use cannellini beans, I buy organic canned and add the beans from the can with the juice), add your escarole and then add as much water as you want your consistency to be. I like mine more like a stew so I don't add too much water, if you want more like a soup, add more water.

FYI, I don't add salt when I cook but I told you to use it because most people do. I just make everyone add their own salt if they want to use it. You can always add but you can't take it away.

Gypsy
01-03-2018, 06:49 AM

I would love to see your recipes, I am eating clean as well! Boring is a necessity for me with my schedule, meaning I meal prep on Sunday night and eat the same thing for lunch all week. Usually southwest seasoned ground turkey and veggies wrapped in romaine.

michelelovesvegas
01-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Michelle, I had just made cabbage soup not escarole but I can give you a recipe for Italian escarole soup which does not have beans in it, let me know if you want that one.

Although I often make escarole and beans, I just sauté garlic cloves in extra virgin olive oil, season to your liking with salt, pepper, I also add crushed red pepper flakes. Add your beans (I use cannellini beans, I buy organic canned and add the beans from the can with the juice), add your escarole and then add as much water as you want your consistency to be. I like mine more like a stew so I don't add too much water, if you want more like a soup, add more water.

FYI, I don't add salt when I cook but I told you to use it because most people do. I just make everyone add their own salt if they want to use it. You can always add but you can't take it away.

Yes, the one without beans I would like. Isn't that what you cooked for the holidays?

BorgataBabe
01-03-2018, 12:29 PM
I would love to see your recipes, I am eating clean as well! Boring is a necessity for me with my schedule, meaning I meal prep on Sunday night and eat the same thing for lunch all week. Usually southwest seasoned ground turkey and veggies wrapped in romaine.

I also meal prep on most Sundays, as long as one of my boys aren't at some all day sporting event. I sometimes feel their sports get in the way of me eating better because we grab and go during baseball season but I just have to make a better or different effort this upcoming baseball season.

On Sundays, I do a lot of grilled chicken and baked veggies, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, asparagus and then I have a different variety of veggies for the week.

BorgataBabe
01-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Yes, the one without beans I would like. Isn't that what you cooked for the holidays?

Well, my MIL usually makes escarole soup for the holidays but I also make it. I don't give exact measurements but I'll try to give you something to start with.

For the broth:

Heat extra virgin olive, then sauté several garlic cloves until soft but don't burn them.
Add in your cleaned escarole with stems removed and sauté until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken broth, amount depends on how much soup you want to make.

Now this is the hard part, making the meatballs. We use ground pork and ground veal only but I think a lot of people use beef. If you want a soft, delicious meatball, use pork and veal.

For the soup you only need a 1/2 pound of each, one pound total. You season your meat with salt, pepper, fresh garlic pressed, a little fresh parsley, one egg, a little milk (less than a 1/4 cup), I make fresh grated bread crumb with white bread, blended in the blender, about 2/3 pieces and Italian grated cheese, one nice handful. You mix all of that together and start rolling little bite sized meatballs.

Use a nice size frying pan with hot vegetable oil and start frying the meatballs until they are lightly brown, don't fry them to dark. Drain the meatballs on a dish with a few paper towels and place them in the soup broth.

Let the soup continue to cook until the meatballs have flavored your soup. We also like to add cheese tortellini to our escarole soup but we make that and keep the tortellini separate and add to the soup, this way it doesn't overlook in the soup and fall apart. You have to add grated Italian cheese and red pepper flake if you like it.

Nothing like escarole soup on a cold day!

michelelovesvegas
01-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Well, my MIL usually makes escarole soup for the holidays but I also make it. I don't give exact measurements but I'll try to give you something to start with.

For the broth:

Heat extra virgin olive, then sauté several garlic cloves until soft but don't burn them.
Add in your cleaned escarole with stems removed and sauté until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken broth, amount depends on how much soup you want to make.

Now this is the hard part, making the meatballs. We use ground pork and ground veal only but I think a lot of people use beef. If you want a soft, delicious meatball, use pork and veal.

For the soup you only need a 1/2 pound of each, one pound total. You season your meat with salt, pepper, fresh garlic pressed, a little fresh parsley, one egg, a little milk (less than a 1/4 cup), I make fresh grated bread crumb with white bread, blended in the blender, about 2/3 pieces and Italian grated cheese, one nice handful. You mix all of that together and start rolling little bite sized meatballs.

Use a nice size frying pan with hot vegetable oil and start frying the meatballs until they are lightly brown, don't fry them to dark. Drain the meatballs on a dish with a few paper towels and place them in the soup broth.

Let the soup continue to cook until the meatballs have flavored your soup. We also like to add cheese tortellini to our escarole soup but we make that and keep the tortellini separate and add to the soup, this way it doesn't overlook in the soup and fall apart. You have to add grated Italian cheese and red pepper flake if you like it.

Thanks for this! I may have to use beef, as we are under severe storm and can't get out. Store probably closed anyways!! I normally use veal and pork for meatballs. Have to put on my boots to get to the garden to get the parsley, I already harvested all the escarole. Have no tortellni but do have some ditalini I could put in. Yum!!

chrissyDee
01-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Radishes are the best! I made this delicious breakfast hash this morning, inspired by Laurie’s post the other night. I took leftover roast beef, radishes (parboiled them) and half an onion and fried them up in butter. I threw on an over easy egg. It was so delicious & very low carb!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/9581b75aab6c157810c106d298e442b0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/9800baf589277fe9eae9b89beb29e813.jpg

Laurie
01-03-2018, 04:11 PM
Wow that looks really good! I have some radishes left. Will try this soon!

Curlyd
01-03-2018, 04:29 PM

For the broth:

Yummmm! This sounds delish.

Mary9915
01-03-2018, 04:41 PM
OMG, I have a new low carb favorite...cauliflower fried rice!

I had frozen cauliflower rice to which I added baby corn, mushrooms and cabbage. Then I added the scrambled eggs and a sauce of ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and fish sauce. It looks so blah, but it's delicious and easy. Can't wait to try it with different combinations of veggies.

Mary9915
01-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Radishes are the best! I made this delicious breakfast hash this morning, inspired by Laurie’s post the other night. I took leftover roast beef, radishes (parboiled them) and half an onion and fried them up in butter. I threw on an over easy egg. It was so delicious & very low carb!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/9581b75aab6c157810c106d298e442b0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/9800baf589277fe9eae9b89beb29e813.jpg

Delicious! I keep forgetting to get radishes!

Mary9915
01-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Laurie, I'm making your Reuben pizza tonight...so excited! Were the layers thousand island, corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese?

Laurie
01-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Laurie, I'm making your Reuben pizza tonight...so excited! Were the layers thousand island, corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese?

Yes that's it! Pictures please!

Mary9915
01-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Yes that's it! Pictures please!

Thanks! I will try to remember pictures!

Jeani
01-03-2018, 05:20 PM

I had riced cauliflower to with pork chop and black eyed peas. I didn't miss the rice at all. Having the left overs for dinner tonight.
I agree next time try it with some cheddar cheese and bacon pieces Darlene. It's good :)

Curlyd
01-03-2018, 05:27 PM
I love radishes and cauliflower, Bill hates both! I eat them but can't incorporate them into our main meals. Life sucks when you and your spouse are so different in food tastes.

Nhcris
01-03-2018, 05:42 PM
I love radishes and cauliflower, Bill hates both! I eat them but can't incorporate them into our main meals. Life sucks when you and your spouse are so different in food tastes.

I hate radishes too! Cooked this way, they taste nothing like radishes! You could always peel them and sneak them into something. Bet he wouldn't know!

Love you Bill :fox:

Curlyd
01-03-2018, 05:47 PM
I hate radishes too! Cooked this way, they taste nothing like radishes! You could always peel them and sneak them into something. Bet he wouldn't know!

Love you Bill :fox:

Actually he will eat them if the already come sliced in a salad (but only 1 or 2) but he will never warm up to cauliflower. That's ok because then I get to eat the whole head (over a few days) :)

Georgiagambler
01-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Ok I tried this recipe today but Mine doesn't look like their picture lol

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/broccoli-and-cauliflower-gratin-with-sausage

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/f6392f857c9e361e485c0435a13fb12e.jpg

I added mushrooms just because I like them. This was my first time eating leeks, it was ok but I could do without it. I probably would use less Dijon if I made it again because it was a little stronger flavor. Overall it was pretty good though, plenty of veggies

foamy
01-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Laurie made salmon patties whatever you do make them they are awesome

Laurie
01-03-2018, 11:30 PM
Laurie made salmon patties whatever you do make them they are awesome

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/afe743988e1edbb0b98bc3cb25be4d4a.jpg

Nhcris
01-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Ok I tried this recipe today but Mine doesn't look like their picture lol

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/broccoli-and-cauliflower-gratin-with-sausage

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/f6392f857c9e361e485c0435a13fb12e.jpg

I added mushrooms just because I like them. This was my first time eating leeks, it was ok but I could do without it. I probably would use less Dijon if I made it again because it was a little stronger flavor. Overall it was pretty good though, plenty of veggies

I bet it was yummy though! My efforts NEVER look like the photographs, but often taste good :) I always make tweaks for the next time.

Georgiagambler
01-04-2018, 01:17 AM
I bet it was yummy though! My efforts NEVER look like the photographs, but often taste good :) I always make tweaks for the next time.

Yes it was good, I found a couple other recipes on that site that also look interesting that I may try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mary9915
01-04-2018, 04:38 PM
I really like the dietdoctor website @Georgiagamble! Mine NEVER turn out like the pictures either!

Laurie, the salmon patties look yummy! What did you use for a binder?

Here is my Reuben pizza from last night. It was rich and delicious!

michelelovesvegas
01-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Thanks for this! I may have to use beef, as we are under severe storm and can't get out. Store probably closed anyways!! I normally use veal and pork for meatballs. Have to put on my boots to get to the garden to get the parsley, I already harvested all the escarole. Have no tortellni but do have some ditalini I could put in. Yum!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/4ec288c59afd44aca1d91073ed9e167b.jpg

Laurie
01-04-2018, 04:48 PM
I really like the dietdoctor website @Georgiagamble! Mine NEVER turn out like the pictures either!

Laurie, the salmon patties look yummy! What did you use for a binder?

Here is my Reuben pizza from last night. It was rich and delicious!

Just eggs and shredded cheddar and they held together but had to brown well before flipping.

michelelovesvegas
01-04-2018, 04:52 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180104/4ec288c59afd44aca1d91073ed9e167b.jpg

BorgataBabe This is a take on it using what I had. Left over Utica greens from New Years, along with kielbasa, didn't have any chicken broth so used a Mrs. Grass chicken noodle soup. There we also a little black-eye pea and sauerkraut in there and then squeezed some lemon from my lemon tree. lol This must bring me good luck this year as nothing in my fridge got wasted!! It's very good on this cold day.

BorgataBabe
01-04-2018, 05:42 PM
BorgataBabe This is a take on it using what I had. Left over Utica greens from New Years, along with kielbasa, didn't have any chicken broth so used a Mrs. Grass chicken noodle soup. There we also a little black-eye pea and sauerkraut in there and then squeezed some lemon from my lemon tree. lol This must bring me good luck this year as nothing in my fridge got wasted!! It's very good on this cold day.

That was good you could use what you had and it is keeping you warm. You'll have to let me know if you try the recipe with the meatballs.

Georgiagambler
01-05-2018, 01:25 AM
Mary9915 I thought that site has a lot recipes I might like to try

Pizza looks good and I love Reuben's but I don't like thousand island

Laurie
01-05-2018, 01:35 AM
Wrong thread

Nhcris
01-05-2018, 02:55 AM

I made a simple version of crack chicken in the instant pot. There are tons of recipes for this out there, but the basic ingredients are chicken breast, cream cheese, chicken broth & 1/2 packet of ranch dressing. Cook it all up, and then shred the chicken and put it back in the sauce. It was yummy, especially during a blizzard, and very low carb! I put it on zoodles (my usual default) but you could do anything you want with it.

Mary9915
01-08-2018, 07:13 PM
Here is a new low carb snack recommendation. Found them at Costco this weekend and let me say, they are DELICIOUS! Just cheese but crunchy and yummy!

https://www.mooncheese.com/

BorgataBabe
01-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Here is one of my easy clean soups. I use a bag of Dole "chopped" salad, these are mostly cabbage, little kale and other greens not lettuce. I put a little extra virgin olive oil in a small pot, heat that up, add the chopped salad, place the pack with the salad dressing aside and use on spring mix another day.

Then I add organic low sodium chicken broth, I season lightly and add shredded chicken breast.

I forgot to take a picture, I'll get one next time.

Laurie
01-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Here is one of my easy clean soups. I use a bag of Dole "chopped" salad, these are mostly cabbage, little kale and other greens not lettuce. I put a little extra virgin olive oil in a small pot, heat that up, add the chopped salad, place the pack with the salad dressing aside and use on spring mix another day.

Then I add organic low sodium chicken broth, I season lightly and add shredded chicken breast.

Sounds delicious thanks for the recipe!

Nhcris
01-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Here is a new low carb snack recommendation. Found them at Costco this weekend and let me say, they are DELICIOUS! Just cheese but crunchy and yummy!

https://www.mooncheese.com/

Thanks you Mary! I have heard of these but I didn't know they sell them at Costco. I'm gonna get some as Frank's very favorite snack is Cheez-its, so I am sure these would be a big hit with him. With me too :)

Nhcris
01-10-2018, 09:37 PM

That sounds really interesting and different from the heavier type veggies I usually lean towards in my soups. I will give it a try!

MNvegasgal
01-11-2018, 01:50 AM
Sausage and kraut last night and grilled buffalo chicken salad for dinner tonight. Worked out every morning at 5:00 am. Trying to wean myself off Ambien as I was night eating and didn’t realize it until morning when I had crumbs in the bed. We got this Jokers!!

BorgataBabe
01-12-2018, 02:22 PM
michelelovesvegas, you got me craving escarole and beans, it's good on a rainy day like today. This will be my lunch.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180112/128ba06c1b015932ef703e9c1a38e48f.jpg

MNvegasgal
01-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Just saw this recipe... Could be really good in lettuce wraps, looks easy and yummy. https://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/

Laurie
01-14-2018, 02:35 PM
Just saw this recipe... Could be really good in lettuce wraps, looks easy and yummy. https://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/

I’ve made this a few times and really enjoyed it. Foamy didn’t love it but that was before we went low carb. I need to make it again :) I spend too much time looking for keto recipes on Pinterest and YouTube!

foamy
01-14-2018, 02:40 PM

It's not bad just not great. On another note I'm down 30 pounds in a little over a month so this shit works.hhh

Curlyd
01-14-2018, 02:48 PM
It's not bad just not great. On another note I'm down 30 pounds in a little over a month so this shit works.hhh

That's great!

Curlyd
01-14-2018, 02:50 PM
To all Joker's counting their carbs, how many carbs are you trying to limit yourself to each day! I need to sneak more of this into Bill's diet. Although I will never be able to get cauliflower past him. HHH

foamy
01-14-2018, 02:52 PM
To all Joker's counting their carbs, how many carbs are you trying to limit yourself to each day! I need to sneak more of this into Bill's diet. Although I will never be able to get cauliflower past him. HHH

No number just as few as possible

goldengreeke
01-14-2018, 02:53 PM
I'm staying under 50 carbs a day and did manage to lose 5 pounds this week. I want a pie or a cake SO bad!

Laurie
01-14-2018, 02:59 PM

I try to stay under 20g a day. Don’t always succeed with that number but do most days.

MNvegasgal
01-14-2018, 03:00 PM
Deli ham, spread with cream cheese wrapped around asparagus and baked is delicious and low carb (keto). It can be a great appetizer or side for a dinner. My kids loved it at Christmas

foamy
01-14-2018, 03:05 PM
Deli ham, spread with cream cheese wrapped around asparagus and baked is delicious and low carb (keto). It can be a great appetizer or side for a dinner. My kids loved it at Christmas

Damn that sound great.

Laurie
01-14-2018, 03:12 PM

Also a good snack is deli ham, spread with cream cheese and wrap around a dill pickle then slice

Penguin
01-14-2018, 03:42 PM
We are probably between 50 and 75 on most days. We are doing this the slow way. Piece of sourdough toast in morning. 2 fresh baked cookies in evening. Maybe a potato one night a week. Or small helping of pasta. Did all the Holiday normal eating and now at same weight as we were day before Christmas. Each of us lost 14 pounds since we started in September. Just working on a food plan that we can stay with forever. Have found when we totally eliminate something we like then eventually it will be "pig out" time for us sometime down the road.

Good luck and see ya in KC.

Curlyd
01-14-2018, 03:55 PM
Yes I made it through the Holidays safely. That's saying a lot considering we were at BFF in Ohio where we cook enough to feed the 7th fleet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nhcris
01-14-2018, 09:00 PM
I also try to stay below 20 NET carbs. Most days it's pretty easy, but every now and then something sneaks in before I realize the carb count.

Curlyd
01-14-2018, 10:20 PM
I also try to stay below 20 NET carbs. Most days it's pretty easy, but every now and then something sneaks in before I realize the carb count.20 is low I only hope I could do that. You make it look easy.

Laurie
01-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Smoked ribs and creamed spinach Yum!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180114/7b3f0d2c996fa685c0ac02bd015938da.jpg

BorgataBabe
01-14-2018, 11:56 PM
We are probably between 50 and 75 on most days. We are doing this the slow way. Piece of sourdough toast in morning. 2 fresh baked cookies in evening. Maybe a potato one night a week. Or small helping of pasta. Did all the Holiday normal eating and now at same weight as we were day before Christmas. Each of us lost 14 pounds since we started in September. Just working on a food plan that we can stay with forever. Have found when we totally eliminate something we like then eventually it will be "pig out" time for us sometime down the road.

Good luck and see ya in KC.

Same for me, anytime in the past when I am too strict, I eventually just turn into a good junkie and end up gaining all my weight back.

This time I am being good anytime I am home and I am allowing myself to cheat a little when I am out to dinner/at a party or with friends.

BorgataBabe
01-15-2018, 12:55 PM
This is my breakfast most mornings, a banana cut in half with almond butter.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180115/2843f81d84f763103bd78d421830bc96.jpg

Mary9915
01-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Congrats Foamy...good job!

Mary9915
01-15-2018, 05:04 PM
Here's yesterday's dinner experiment...peppers stuffed with cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, italian sausage, crimini mushrooms, red sauce and cheese. It was delicious!

Laurie
01-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Here's yesterday's dinner experiment...peppers stuffed with cauliflower rice instead of regular rice, italian sausage, crimini mushrooms, red sauce and cheese. It was delicious!

That looks great Mary!

BorgataBabe
01-15-2018, 07:28 PM

I'll have to try this one, looks delicious.

Nhcris
01-15-2018, 08:29 PM

OMG, I want one right now!! That was a very successful experiment!

Nhcris
01-16-2018, 12:04 AM
I went out to lunch with friends today, and they chose Red Robin. It's actually a great option if you are doing low carb. I had the Wedgie - a burger with bacon, tomato, red onion and guacamole on a lettuce bun. I also added cheddar cheese, because on Keto, I can HHH. It comes with a side of unlimited salad, but I chose steamed broccoli and it was really good! They had a couple of other great options, so i will be happy to go back there, & it would make a great stop on a road trip. I wish I got a better picture of the burger, but it was really, really good!

KimKyle
01-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Wow! Everyone is doing so great! I’ve just now caught back up on this thread.
I cooked a great roast last night. I just took a chuck roast and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I browned it in my cast iron Dutch oven and then added a can of RoTel tomatoes,a little water and some minced garlic. I covered and baked it for 5 hours at 300. It was so great! Really succulent and flavorful. I didn’t get a picture because Doug attacked it as soon as I took the lid off!

We shredded it and mixed it up and he ate it on a sub roll and I ate it on a low carb tortilla with a little sour cream. Delicious!

KimKyle
01-16-2018, 11:54 AM

That is fantastic foamy! I swear men lose so much faster than women! Keep up the good work!

foamy
01-16-2018, 01:20 PM
That is fantastic foamy! I swear men lose so much faster than women! Keep up the good work!

I think they do and I just need to keep going

Georgiagambler
01-17-2018, 01:09 AM
Inspired by the cold weather and other posts in this thread

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/be8b0b283fbdcb7e3e13eb1c27ac35ec.jpg

Basically I roasted vegetables in the oven, then cut up a rotisserie chicken and added chicken broth and threw it in a pot. Came out pretty good for something I just put together

Mary9915
01-17-2018, 05:25 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/be8b0b283fbdcb7e3e13eb1c27ac35ec.jpg

Basically I roasted vegetables in the oven, then cut up a rotisserie chicken and added chicken broth and threw it in a pot. Came out pretty good for something I just put together

That sounds DELICIOUS!!!

Nhcris
01-17-2018, 05:30 PM

That looks and sounds so good and it's so nutritious! I am really getting into soup this winter.

Nhcris
01-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Not very pretty, but basically Cauliflower Mac & Cheese with ham. Perfect on a wintry night with a little side salad.

Mary9915
01-17-2018, 05:42 PM
We need recipe details Nhcris!

On the positive side, DH had a doctor's appointment yesterday...first one since our new way of eating. 40 pounds down, cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure were all on the high end of normal last time and all on the low end of normal now. This way of eating WORKS!

DK528
01-17-2018, 06:32 PM

On the positive side, DH had a doctor's appointment yesterday...first one since our new way of eating. 40 pounds down, cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure were all on the high end of normal last time and all on the low end of normal now. This way of eating WORKS!

That's fantastic!

foamy
01-17-2018, 06:57 PM

That's great my blood pressure was way better too

Nhcris
01-17-2018, 07:21 PM
We need recipe details @Nhcris (http://jokerswildforum.com/member.php?u=9)!

Wonderful news! It's so great when the tests prove what our bodies are feeling :)

Here's a link to the recipe I used. https://lowcarbyum.com/cheesy-cauliflower-ham-casserole/ I would tweak a couple things next time. I would use more heavy cream and less almond milk, and I would add some dijon or something for some zing. I also used fresh cauliflower, but would definitely use frozen next time.

Mary9915
01-17-2018, 07:45 PM
Wonderful news! It's so great when the tests prove what our bodies are feeling :)

Here's a link to the recipe I used. https://lowcarbyum.com/cheesy-cauliflower-ham-casserole/ I would tweak a couple things next time. I would use more heavy cream and less almond milk, and I would add some dijon or something for some zing. I also used fresh cauliflower, but would definitely use frozen next time.

Thanks!

Good idea to add Dijon mustard. Did you feel the almond milk made it too runny? We never have almond milk on hand so I think I'll use a combo of whipping cream with either sour cream or Greek yogurt.

Nhcris
01-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Thanks!

Good idea to add Dijon mustard. Did you feel the almond milk made it too runny? We never have almond milk on hand so I think I'll use a combo of whipping cream with either sour cream or Greek yogurt.

I would have liked it to thicken just a bit more, and I am blaming the almond milk, although I may not have drained the cauliflower as well as I could have :) I just keep on winging it with all of these recipes. Some are hits, but plenty are misses!

Georgiagambler
01-17-2018, 08:08 PM
That sounds DELICIOUS!!!

That looks and sounds so good and it's so nutritious! I am really getting into soup this winter.

I was pleasantly surprised on how good it turned out and it was very easy to make. I'm going to be eating it the rest of the week.

Thanks for all of the recipes and food you have been posting. It gave me the idea to try this.

And I'm so happy to hear about the good doctor reports - very inspirational!

chrissyDee
01-17-2018, 11:19 PM
Cauliflower fried rice. Delicious!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/71364a973737be973642b6525dd00d19.jpg

I just threw it together from stuff in the fridge, so no real recipe. I started with a couple strips of bacon chopped up just to get some nice Keto bacon fat. Added celery, red bell pepper, & scallions & some seasonings - garlic power, onion powder, Bell's seasoning & black pepper. After those were a bit softened, I added chopped up chicken & stirred it around for a bit. Then a cup of chicken broth and a thawed bag of cauliflower rice. I bumped up the spices then and added some salt while the broth boiled off. At the end I threw in one egg. It was really, really good and filling! You could throw most anything in it and it would be yummy!

SME
01-18-2018, 11:43 PM
Cauliflower fried rice. Delicious!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180117/71364a973737be973642b6525dd00d19.jpg

I just threw it together from stuff in the fridge, so no real recipe. I started with a couple strips of bacon chopped up just to get some nice Keto bacon fat. Added celery, red bell pepper, & scallions & some seasonings - garlic power, onion powder, Bell's seasoning & black pepper. After those were a bit softened, I added chopped up chicken & stirred it around for a bit. Then a cup of chicken broth and a thawed bag of cauliflower rice. I bumped up the spices then and added some salt while the broth boiled off. At the end I threw in one egg. It was really, really good and filling! You could throw most anything in it and it would be yummy!

This sounds so yum! I’m going to try it for sure :)

KimKyle
01-19-2018, 10:27 PM

That is fantastic news!

Curlyd
01-22-2018, 03:33 PM
OMG I thought it would be a healthy vegetable since it isn't a root vegetable! I had a yellow pepper in my fridge that needed to be eaten Not wanting anything involving bread I decided I would clean it and eat it. I love peppers. Who knew that a yellow pepper has 12 grams of carbs! At least I get to deduct 1.7 grams as dietary fiber.

At least I can drink my black coffee without worry.

Nutrition Facts
Peppers, yellow
Amount Per 1 pepper, large (3-3/4" long, 3" dia) (186 g)
Calories 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 394 mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4%
Dietary fiber 1.7 g 6%
Protein 1.9 g 3%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 568%
Calcium 2% Iron 4%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 15%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 5%

Nhcris
01-22-2018, 03:58 PM
OMG I thought it would be a healthy vegetable since it isn't a root vegetable! I had a yellow pepper in my fridge that needed to be eaten Not wanting anything involving bread I decided I would clean it and eat it. I love peppers. Who knew that a yellow pepper has 12 grams of carbs! At least I get to deduct 1.7 grams as dietary fiber.

It's still healthy, just a little heavier on carbs than it seems it should be, but way, way less than bread! I use this website as a good reference when I have a question about vegetables. And sometimes, it is worth taking the hit for the carbs, as there is so much nutrition in most vegetables.

https://nutrienthero.com/blog/ketogenic-vegetables/

foamy
01-22-2018, 04:37 PM

Nutrition Facts
Peppers, yellow
Amount Per 1 pepper, large (3-3/4" long, 3" dia) (186 g)
Calories 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
Saturated fat 0.1 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 394 mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 12 g 4%
Dietary fiber 1.7 g 6%
Protein 1.9 g 3%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 568%
Calcium 2% Iron 4%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 15%
Vitamin B-12 0% Magnesium 5%

I was surprised by how many carbs peppers have too but I use a little for flavor when I cook.

Curlyd
01-22-2018, 06:33 PM
I was surprised by how many carbs peppers have too but I use a little for flavor when I cook.

Yes I will just have to stick with my other favorite snacks - radishes and raw cauliflower.

Georgiagambler
01-23-2018, 12:31 AM
This week's soup Zuppa Tuscano knockoff. Use cauliflower instead of potatoes for low carb option

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/5afdd7cb99a3027555b6ffe814d328d5.jpg

tee2green
01-23-2018, 01:03 AM
This week's soup Zuppa Tuscano knockoff. Use cauliflower instead of potatoes for low carb option

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat really looks great GG and I'm not even doing Keto.

Georgiagambler
01-23-2018, 01:57 AM
That really looks great GG and I'm not even doing Keto.

I'm not doing keto either [emoji2] but I am trying to eat better. The soup turned out really good considering it was my first time making it and it was easy to make. The soup is my comfort food to keep me warm with this yucky weather. Basically I make a big pot of soup on Monday and eat it for the rest of the week.

SME
01-25-2018, 09:32 PM

This looks so yum do you mind sharing your recipe?

Nhcris
01-25-2018, 11:39 PM
We used to have a wonderful family owned Greek restaurant near us. They used to have the best lemon chicken soup with orzo and we have been searching and searching for a soup that was even close. It was especially good when we were sick. Well, tonight I made this lemon chicken soup and it is the closest thing yet! This will be going on the menu again for sure.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but it is yummy! Here's the recipe:
https://snappygourmet.com/low-carb-greek-lemon-chicken-soup-recipe/

Georgiagambler
01-26-2018, 02:23 PM
This looks so yum do you mind sharing your recipe?

This is the recipe I used. I slightly modified. I didn't have spicy sausage so I just used a little cayenne for a kick. I also didn't use as many potatoes mixed in cauliflower. You can also replace the heavy cream with half and half but I liked the heavy cream.

It was easy to make and really perfect for the cold weather

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45873/copycat-olive-garden-zuppa-toscana-recipe/

Nhcris
01-27-2018, 01:57 AM

Haha! This is not completely untrue!

KimKyle
02-07-2018, 07:28 PM
I’m bad about posting but my lunch was really pretty today! There was Olive Garden dressing for the salad.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180207/6c57d00d6b854685de7cf4431cd2c7f4.jpg

Nhcris
02-07-2018, 11:46 PM
Where are all our my low carbers??? I leave my kitchen for a week, and none of you posted anything? You must have been eating!

Well, I am back and made Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage tonight. It's actually pretty good on this nasty winter night. The nutmeg and cinnamon give it a nice warm feeling. As usual, its not very pretty but it was easy and hit the spot :)

RECIPE: https://www.carbsmart.com/low-carb-unstuffed-cabbage-recipe.html

michelelovesvegas
02-08-2018, 12:01 AM
Where are all our my low carbers??? I leave my kitchen for a week, and none of you posted anything? You must have been eating!

Well, I am back and made Low Carb Unstuffed Cabbage tonight. It's actually pretty good on this nasty winter night. The nutmeg and cinnamon give it a nice warm feeling. As usual, its not very pretty but it was easy and hit the spot :)

RECIPE: https://www.carbsmart.com/low-carb-unstuffed-cabbage-recipe.html

That totally looks like comfort food, especially on a cold night. My cabbage is almost ready in the garden. Will try this. I love nutmeg and cinnamon flavor in savory dishes.

MNvegasgal
02-08-2018, 02:14 AM
Making chicken avacado sandwhich tomorrow, but hollowing our a cucumber to use as the “bread” holds up to the meat, may add tomatoes. Deviled eggs for breakfast and pork roast and Kraut for dinner. Have some protein balls and beef Jersey for snacks.

Laurie
02-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Making chicken avacado sandwhich tomorrow, but hollowing our a cucumber to use as the “bread” holds up to the meat, may add tomatoes. Deviled eggs for breakfast and pork roast and Kraut for dinner. Have some protein balls and beef Jersey for snacks.

Sounds yummy
Picture of that “sandwich” please!

MNvegasgal
02-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Too lazy to pull the chicken apart this am, used Ham. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/dc8027ce866eda9bf30653a45270ef8b.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180208/bab100327005f48477d9fd2aefa271c1.jpg

Laurie
02-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Looks good! Great prices on avocados lately! Love them!

dvandentop
02-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Looks good! Great prices on avocados lately! Love them!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey were cheap in AZ only 68 cents or so and all were in great prime ripeness not like the rock hard ones around here usually

Luckylinda123
02-08-2018, 02:43 PM
I just bought nice and good sized avocado for 50cents each in Phoenix Albertsons.

Laurie
02-08-2018, 03:08 PM
39 cents here last week! Doesn't take long to ripen.

CTslotters
02-08-2018, 03:30 PM
39 cents here last week! Doesn't take long to ripen.

I’m amazed at your prices! We’re lucky if they get down to $1 per avocado here (and we consider that a bargain!) thankfully, they do tend to be nearly ripe at that price so they taste delicious!

Nhcris
02-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Yup, they were 68 cents at HEB in Texas for beautiful avocados, and I got spoiled! Usually around $1.49 here for rocks, but I just saw they are on sale for 99 cents! YAY!!

MNvegasgal
02-08-2018, 04:19 PM
A buck each last night. One was ripe and I bought another harder one to ripen. Bought blueberries, blackberries and strawberries to have on my plain Greek yogurt. I need to go to Trader Joe’s to get pizza crust as I am craving it.

KimKyle
02-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Yup, they were 68 cents at HEB in Texas for beautiful avocados, and I got spoiled! Usually around $1.49 here for rocks, but I just saw they are on sale for 99 cents! YAY!!

HEB is our Texas treasure!

Nhcris
02-08-2018, 11:53 PM
I had a leftover chicken breast to use, so I made a buffalo chicken dip for my dinner. Had some spinach and celery sticks to go with. It was pretty tasty.

Here's the recipe I sort of followed. I halved it and added a little bacon because, BACON. https://stepawayfromthecarbs.com/low-carb-buffalo-chicken-dip/

dvandentop
02-10-2018, 06:09 PM
Made some great lettuce cups yesterday so easy to make https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/0823e52413db5f5e474e2a4869ebdcb0.jpg

Luckylinda123
02-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Did your lettuce cups taste like pfchangs I like those

dvandentop
02-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Did your lettuce cups taste like pfchangs I like thoseYes real good heck maybe even better

dvandentop
02-11-2018, 01:46 AM
Made philly cheese steak peppers tonight yummy in my tummy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/f1093da5441430454d124326a7d3af38.jpg

Nhcris
02-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Made philly cheese steak peppers tonight yummy in my tummy

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/f1093da5441430454d124326a7d3af38.jpg

Those came out pretty Derek! You get extra points for presentation :)

MNvegasgal
02-11-2018, 03:45 PM
Anybody will to try to make these and let me know how they are. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/coconut-tortillas/

dvandentop
02-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Yumm those sound good can't be any harder then making up some pancakes

dvandentop
02-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Low carb life lunch
Taco boats
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/c6803ae39b09b318a8ee8079c1ff00c6.jpg

MNvegasgal
02-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Dinner and prep for the week.. bacon wrapped chicken breast.. Yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/bd97c0f65a00f5e68d91e7fa5fa0f1a7.jpg

Laurie
02-11-2018, 11:00 PM
Armadillo eggs ( cream cheese stuffed jalapeño wrapped in pork sausage then bacon) and mashed broccoli

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/ce68d208589edfca849626d9e9d0360d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/aee83228a9af58f465c35c3669d1307a.jpg

dvandentop
02-11-2018, 11:18 PM
Ohhh that all looks good

foamy
02-11-2018, 11:20 PM
Ohhh that all looks good

Once you have the mash broccoli you'll probably never eat mashed cauliflower again it was awesome so were the armadillo eggs

Nhcris
02-11-2018, 11:30 PM
How did you do the broccoli Greg? It looks so good! And I am for sure trying those armadillo eggs!

foamy
02-11-2018, 11:35 PM
How did you do the broccoli Greg? It looks so good! And I am for sure trying those armadillo eggs!

I cut the stems really thin so they would get soft boiled it then I put in half a stick of butter and half a package of cream cheese and mashed them it was way better than mashed cauliflower

chrissyDee
02-11-2018, 11:37 PM
It looks like we have been good little jokers today, meal prepping and eating healthy! I did a bit of meal prep and had some bulk meat purchases to break down into individual packs for the freezer. I also shredded 3 pounds of cheese, cooked 2 pounds of bacon, pressure cooked 3 1/2 pounds of chicken thighs in the IP, and made a spinach bacon frittata which will give FRAnk breakfast for the next 3 days.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/3802ad0d2711f1dc68b4a257c45ac6ea.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/896efa870d77511eb070111b545806fd.jpg

I made broiled haddock and cheesy broccoli for dinner, but it pales next to Laurie and Greg‘s armadillo eggs and broccoli bash!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/273f38b92fa36ea97e37e3f3e35f99f7.jpg

Laurie
02-11-2018, 11:39 PM
It looks like we have been good little jokers today, meal prepping and eating healthy! I did a bit of meal prep and had some bulk meat purchases to break down into individual packs for the freezer. I also shredded 3 pounds of cheese, cooked 2 pounds of bacon, pressure cooked 3 1/2 pounds of chicken thighs in the IP, and made a spinach bacon frittata which will give FRAnk breakfast for the next 3 days.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/3802ad0d2711f1dc68b4a257c45ac6ea.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/896efa870d77511eb070111b545806fd.jpg

I made broiled haddock and cheesy broccoli for dinner, but it pales next to Laurie and Greg‘s armadillo eggs and broccoli bash!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180211/273f38b92fa36ea97e37e3f3e35f99f7.jpg

It looks great to me!

dvandentop
02-12-2018, 01:01 AM
Sorta low carb mini pizzas

Thai chicken peanut made with left over lettuce cup chicken stuff and sauce was a peanut sauce sweet chili sauce drizzle

Taco pizza

And a regular style with just pepperoni beef and mushooms and jalapenohttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180212/008215be3a8cd71dd415ec52915e5fb2.jpg

Mary9915
02-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Everything looks so yummy! I'm going to try making some broccoli mash...that look delicious Foamy! So do your lettuce wraps Derek. We eat them all the time in the summer, I need to get some lettuce and make them.

Over the weekend I made this peanut sauce which was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and the ratios were perfect.

https://www.thekitchn.com/go-to-salad-recipe-peanut-carrot-and-cabbage-slaw-172566

We used it on broccoli salad, but then I put some red pepper flakes with it and used it on chicken as a Thai peanut satay which was also delicious. It's a keeper recipe for us.

Last night I made my first batch of almond buns that were posted here. They are so easy and so yummy! I added garlic powder and some fresh dill to mine.

dvandentop
02-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Will have to show Amy that peanut sauce recipie she is on a kick for it lately

chrissyDee
02-14-2018, 05:42 PM
Have to change it up every now & then, especially breakfast!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180214/4d21104b165eae76e5269990786eba51.jpg

MNvegasgal
02-14-2018, 11:49 PM
More food prep, grilled some steaks .prepped some bacon and blue salads, and will have steak fajitas but will use lettuce cups instead of tortillas.winning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180215/f4a008dc10dc3e6b04f05c554a5a92f2.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180215/af73345a3022ef27be4a1e93029afab2.jpg

MNvegasgal
02-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Found these at the store last night for a quick fix after work out.. low carb 2gms but fairly high calories.. yummy though. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/ede987fcfc0a99e0814b1a9dfd4a4ab1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/ac67bb598e60e8743f346cf3a0df0627.jpg

Nhcris
02-17-2018, 06:11 PM
Found these at the store last night for a quick fix after work out.. low carb 2gms but fairly high calories.. yummy though.

If you cooked a couple eggs with some bacon & cheese, you'd have about the same calories. I looked at the ingredient list, and I think the carbs come from the powdered cellulose, which is the so called 'wood pulp' they use in shredded cheese to prevent caking. I think for the convenience, that is a pretty decent choice, really.

MNvegasgal
02-17-2018, 06:20 PM
If you cooked a couple eggs with some bacon & cheese, you'd have about the same calories. I looked at the ingredient list, and I think the carbs come from the powdered cellulose, which is the so called 'wood pulp' they use in shredded cheese to prevent caking. I think for the convenience, that is a pretty decent choice, really.

Thanks!! If I find them on sale again I may buy a few for work. Beats oatmeal which is so HIGH in carbs.

Laurie
02-17-2018, 07:08 PM
Found these at the store last night for a quick fix after work out.. low carb 2gms but fairly high calories.. yummy though. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/ede987fcfc0a99e0814b1a9dfd4a4ab1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180217/ac67bb598e60e8743f346cf3a0df0627.jpg

Thanks for posting That would be good when short on time!
OMG so wasn’t good on my keto in LV and afraid to weigh in hopefully all the walking helped. Usually doesn’t take too long to get back on track and had lots of fun

Nhcris
02-18-2018, 12:29 AM
We had gorgeous steaks for dinner tonight! Mine was a tenderloin and he had a sirloin strip. Surprise surprise that we don't even like the same cuts of meat HHH. I really need to work on plating, but here is my rare filet along with loaded cauliflower mash and some Guy's low carb BBQ sauce for dipping. I feel like Superman with all that beautiful iron in my system! Only thing missing was a nice glass of cabernet, but not tonight. I am on a mission!

MrsPenguin
02-18-2018, 02:28 PM
We've been doing a "lower carb" meal plan, which is working for us. Our one problem is not being fond of the good vegetables. This would be us if I tried subbing cauliflower for potatoes.

foamy
02-18-2018, 09:23 PM
I saw this Turkish food on the Internet a while back so we converted it to Keto Laurie made dough while I chopped up onions Green peppers and Italian sausage it was out of this world good6565

KimKyle
02-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Everything looks so yummy! I'm going to try making some broccoli mash...that look delicious Foamy! So do your lettuce wraps Derek. We eat them all the time in the summer, I need to get some lettuce and make them.

Over the weekend I made this peanut sauce which was delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and the ratios were perfect.

https://www.thekitchn.com/go-to-salad-recipe-peanut-carrot-and-cabbage-slaw-172566

We used it on broccoli salad, but then I put some red pepper flakes with it and used it on chicken as a Thai peanut satay which was also delicious. It's a keeper recipe for us.

Last night I made my first batch of almond buns that were posted here. They are so easy and so yummy! I added garlic powder and some fresh dill to mine.

So glad you like the almond buns. They look great!!

KimKyle
02-18-2018, 09:57 PM
Thanks for posting That would be good when short on time!
OMG so wasn’t good on my keto in LV and afraid to weigh in hopefully all the walking helped. Usually doesn’t take too long to get back on track and had lots of fun

This weekend kinda messed me up too but back to it now!

chrissyDee
02-19-2018, 12:48 AM
Dinner tonight was Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole. It was really good for a winter night!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/b7acb5fe4428ed209e3d87cc58d813ae.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/882ac7c4ce49aeb62781fe0e2ef0d184.jpg

Here's the recipe. I did put it under the broiler at the end to brown it a bit, but other than that mostly followed the recipe.
https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-salsa-verde-chicken-casserole-recipe/

KimKyle
02-19-2018, 01:37 AM
Dinner tonight was Salsa Verde Chicken Casserole. It was really good for a winter night!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/b7acb5fe4428ed209e3d87cc58d813ae.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180219/882ac7c4ce49aeb62781fe0e2ef0d184.jpg

Here's the recipe. I did put it under the broiler at the end to brown it a bit, but other than that mostly followed the recipe.
https://www.isavea2z.com/low-carb-salsa-verde-chicken-casserole-recipe/

That looks delicious!

Mary9915
02-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Looks yummy Chris! I really appreciate you including the links! I didn't get a lot of cooking done this weekend. I got some preseasoned ribs from Costco and cooked them. Last night we had tuna fish lettuce wraps...one of my favorite easy dinners. Tonight I think I'll make shrimp fried rice.

Nhcris
02-19-2018, 07:54 PM
Looks yummy Chris! I really appreciate you including the links! I didn't get a lot of cooking done this weekend. I got some preseasoned ribs from Costco and cooked them. Last night we had tuna fish lettuce wraps...one of my favorite easy dinners. Tonight I think I'll make shrimp fried rice.

I had a bacon grease spill due to stupidity (mine), so my oven was out of commission most of yesterday. That is my excuse for not doing my usual Sunday food prep ;) I always forget tuna lettuce wraps. Thanks for there reminder, I think we will do that for lunch tomorrow. Luckily that casserole I made last night was huge, so plenty of leftovers, and it's nice and warm so we will do some grilling. I'm thinking bunless burgers with cheddar & grilled asparagus tonight. But I am finicky, so who knows what I will actually do HHH.

Curlyd
02-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Well yesterday we had a fried chicken dinner (at our local Irish restaurant). We always save half and bring it home. Since I didn't have a kitchen eating out has been a little difficult. I just been concentrating on eating less.

I had fresh asparagus and zucchini in the refrig. that I had bought last weekend right before the disaster in my house.

Well this morning they came and took away all of the industrial fans and dehumidifiers. I spent the day cleaning my kitchen (although I still have no ceiling, just open beams) top to bottom.

So for dinner I made roasted zucchini and asparagus with Parmesan cheese, I baked the left over chicken and we each had 1 very small leftover boiled potato that I put in the oven with everything else. Easy clean up.

So my point here is while it wasn't too low in carbs Bill did say he liked the roasted zucchini!!!! That's a win in this house... progress I can see helping us out in the future.

MNvegasgal
02-20-2018, 02:56 AM
Did well for breakfast and lunch and afternoon snack, and things went to hell tonight. I had to shovel and get the tax Id set up for the trust and had my Neice stop over, then I had divorce group.. so I are a ton of Chex mix I had made to send to my daughter. Yikes!

KimKyle
02-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Did well for breakfast and lunch and afternoon snack, and things went to hell tonight. I had to shovel and get the tax Id set up for the trust and had my Neice stop over, then I had divorce group.. so I are a ton of Chex mix I had made to send to my daughter. Yikes!

We all have days like that-today is a new day [emoji2].
Stress is our worst enemy and you are dealing with so much ! Hopefully it will all be resolved soon and you will be able to relax!

KimKyle
02-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Never mind I answered my own question [emoji849]

Nhcris
02-20-2018, 01:47 PM

Everybody has 'those' days but it's done now. Today is a new day!

Laurie
02-20-2018, 01:55 PM

You will get right back to it I know! Hang in there girl we are here if you need to talk!

Laurie
02-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Made stuffed peppers. Couldn’t tell it was cauliflower rice in this dish!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/3c8547c7068f9673816f8dfdf54bb963.jpg

Mary9915
02-21-2018, 08:46 PM
Made stuffed peppers. Couldn’t tell it was cauliflower rice in this dish!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/3c8547c7068f9673816f8dfdf54bb963.jpg

Those look delicious Laurie!

chrissyDee
02-21-2018, 11:51 PM
Italian sausages with fried radishes. Very tasty! I love keto ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180221/b4cecbc8078d282df72d9283cff989d6.jpg
As usual, it’s not pretty, but it sure is good

Mary9915
02-25-2018, 12:40 AM
Second attempt at a Reuben pizza...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/d0abc84bc24e2066436f0335c02acaf0.jpg

Nhcris
02-25-2018, 01:07 AM
I don't care for reubens, but you sure make it look good! I have yet to make fathead pizza. One of these days i will, but when I do I am going to try the white pizza you made a while back. You and Laurie make the best looking pizzas!

chrissyDee
02-25-2018, 01:12 AM
Dinner tonight was buffaloooo chicken thighs with Foamy’s broccoli mash. Yummy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/506283b937c0f6677436ac4743df9f4f.jpg

And Bubbalooie has his eyes on my plate. He got into the trash at my son’s when he was a pup and ate a bunch of the remnants of buffalo wings. He was one sick pup, but survived. And he still Goes nuts whenever buffalo is around.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/836f96c8f487c4b1210f45b1c8502c25.jpg

Mary9915
02-25-2018, 01:23 AM
Dinner tonight was buffaloooo chicken thighs with Foamy’s broccoli mash. Yummy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/506283b937c0f6677436ac4743df9f4f.jpg

And Bubbalooie has his eyes on my plate. He got into the trash at my son’s when he was a pup and ate a bunch of the remnants of buffalo wings. He was one sick pup, but survived. And he still Goes nuts whenever buffalo is around.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/836f96c8f487c4b1210f45b1c8502c25.jpg

He looks like a handful Chris!

We picked up some riced frozen broccoli so I can make foamy mash this week. You just added butter and cream cheese, right?

I put 2 layers of thousand island dressing on this pizza and it was so yummy! We haven’t had pizza for a while and boy was it yummy!

Next pizza will be a white pizza with crab meat on it I think...just like seafood Alfredo.

Laurie
02-25-2018, 01:32 AM
He looks like a handful Chris!

We picked up some riced frozen broccoli so I can make foamy mash this week. You just added butter and cream cheese, right?

I put 2 layers of thousand island dressing on this pizza and it was so yummy! We haven’t had pizza for a while and boy was it yummy!

Next pizza will be a white pizza with crab meat on it I think...just like seafood Alfredo.

Yes that’s what he does! Pizza looks great and white seafood one sounds good too!

Laurie
02-25-2018, 01:32 AM
Looks great chrissyDee !!

Laurie
02-25-2018, 06:13 PM
OMG this chicken crust pizza is great!! All you low carb people must try!! I topped with Raos spaghetti sauce, sausage, spinach, onion and pepperoni

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/ef997f23a27a410fd3bae2ea092dbaaa.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180225/65650878f48a543d7f2889bb41ec4229.jpg

DK528
02-25-2018, 06:34 PM
Laurie that looks delicious!

dvandentop
02-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Very cool I saw a video on the chicken crust will have to try looks great

Mary9915
02-26-2018, 01:03 AM
Shrimp fried cauliflower rice...yum!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/334e9961c6790702c75382a382a191d7.jpg

Laurie
02-26-2018, 03:02 AM
Shrimp fried cauliflower rice...yum!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180226/334e9961c6790702c75382a382a191d7.jpg

That looks a lot better than the fried rice I made

foamy
02-26-2018, 02:17 PM
OMG this chicken crust pizza is great!! All you low carb people must try!! I topped with Raos spaghetti sauce, sausage, spinach, onion and pepperoni

That shit is the bomb best pizza I ever ate

Zooms
03-02-2018, 07:25 AM
I haven't used cauliflower instead of rice, but I have used it instead of pasta for Alfredo w/ ham, mushrooms & peas.

Mary9915
03-02-2018, 04:01 PM
All right Jokers, who's cooking this weekend and what are you making?

I found this keto bread recipe that I'm going to make...

https://www.isavea2z.com/savory-keto-bread-recipe/

Next I think I'm going to try this dressing recipe...

http://tasty-lowcarb.com/low-carb-honey-mustard-sauce/

Finally, I'm making this casserole...

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/pork-egg-roll-in-a-bowl-crack-slaw-paleo-low-carb-whole30/

Nhcris
03-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Mary, those sound great, especially the pork casserole. Crack slaw is very popular in my Keto group. Let us know how they come out!

I have to come up with something for this weekend, but I don't have a plan yet. I made two duds this week, so I am not excited to try again HHH. One was chicken fried cauliflower rice, but this time I tried using the fresh Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles fried rice blend, and I cannot recommend it. I really did not like the texture when it was done. the other was a chicken broccoli casserole made with cream cheese and it went down like a lead balloon. Oh, and last week I made a terrible taco soup :( I hate when I put in the effort, and end up with shit for supper haha!

I really should be making soup right now with this miserable weather, but I think I am going to do pizza for lunch instead. I've been wanting to try the chicken crust, but I am feeling lazy so will probably just use one of my Califlour ones.

What's everybody else thinking for the weekend?

michelelovesvegas
03-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Nhcris Just want to say how much I appreciate this thread. It has made me more mindful of what to eat. Amazed at some things that have so many carbs. Have not cut them out completely, if I grow it, I eat it!! (Haven't bought vegetables in years!) I leave off the croutons now with salads, which are a everyday thing right now in the garden.

foamy
03-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Mary, those sound great, especially the pork casserole. Crack slaw is very popular in my Keto group. Let us know how they come out!

I have to come up with something for this weekend, but I don't have a plan yet. I made two duds this week, so I am not excited to try again HHH. One was chicken fried cauliflower rice, but this time I tried using the fresh Green Giant Cauliflower Crumbles fried rice blend, and I cannot recommend it. I really did not like the texture when it was done. the other was a chicken broccoli casserole made with cream cheese and it went down like a lead balloon. Oh, and last week I made a terrible taco soup :( I hate when I put in the effort, and end up with shit for supper haha!

I really should be making soup right now with this miserable weather, but I think I am going to do pizza for lunch instead. I've been wanting to try the chicken crust, but I am feeling lazy so will probably just use one of my Califlour ones.

What's everybody else thinking for the weekend?

Well I would bet big money you like the chicken crust pizza.

Laurie
03-02-2018, 06:32 PM

And it’s super easy!!

DK528
03-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Going to make that broccoli mash foamy described earlier!

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

foamy
03-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Going to make that broccoli mash foamy described earlier!

If I have more time, will get some tuna to sear and then I'll make a tomato vinaigrette for it. Tomatoes probably aren't low carb but if I'm cutting out a lot of other stuff, I'm keeping tomatoes in!

It's really good but needs salt and pepper.

Nhcris
03-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Going to make that broccoli mash @foamy (http://jokerswildforum.com/member.php?u=16) described earlier!

I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.

Nhcris
03-02-2018, 06:49 PM

And it’s super easy!!

I lazed out and just used one of my Califlour crusts. I topped with prosciutto, a few caramelized onions & some ricotta (along with the usual red sauce & mozzarella & oregano). It was delicious, but Frank carved it up before I could get a picture - Oopsie!

i will make that chicken crust one of these days :)

DK528
03-02-2018, 07:44 PM
I will Never give up tomatoes! They are nutritious and delicious and a salad sucks without them. I just count the carbs and enjoy them! I would love to see a picture of this meal. I am not a fan of tuna (except sustainable in a can - I am such a baby) but I bet the vinaigrette would be good on chicken too.

I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

Nhcris
03-02-2018, 07:52 PM
I think it would be. I usually use Roma tomatoes and chop up a few. 2 parts olive oil, one part balsamic vinegar and one part Dijon. Mix it up with salt n pepper and that's it. I let it sit for a bit before using. It's so good on tuna and probably would be on other things. It's especially good when the tuna is served on top of couscous and the couscous soaks up the dressing and tomatoes.

That sounds fabulous and within my culinary range :) I think I may try the vinaigrette on some chicken paillard over arugula.... Ya think?

DK528
03-02-2018, 08:27 PM
That sounds fabulous and within my culinary range :) I think I may try the vinaigrette on some chicken paillard over arugula.... Ya think?

Absolutely!

KimKyle
03-02-2018, 09:00 PM

That looks delicious Laurie ! I keep getting coupons for the Real Good Pizza which has a chicken crust but I just can’t imagine what it would taste like? But since y’all have tried it I think I’ll be brave and try it too!

Laurie
03-03-2018, 12:21 PM
That looks delicious Laurie ! I keep getting coupons for the Real Good Pizza which has a chicken crust but I just can’t imagine what it would taste like? But since y’all have tried it I think I’ll be brave and try it too!

Haven’t heard of Real Good Pizza? Let us know how it is!

KimKyle
03-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Haven’t heard of Real Good Pizza? Let us know how it is!

The company is realgoodfoods.com. The pizza has a chicken crust. Now they have enchiladas too. They sell them at Kroger here and now it says they are available at Walmart. I’m going to look this morning. Several of my friends like them and I’ve seen videos of how to make them better like crisping the crust in a skillet after you heat it. They are a bit pricey. I think about 6$ for a 5” at Kroger. I think there’s a coupon on their website.

I’ll report back when I try one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/5f571e7acfc67d593a4349dfdd074589.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/4eef94fa762c08adc38c21c9a05693cc.jpg

Mary9915
03-05-2018, 04:33 PM
The company is realgoodfoods.com. The pizza has a chicken crust. Now they have enchiladas too. They sell them at Kroger here and now it says they are available at Walmart. I’m going to look this morning. Several of my friends like them and I’ve seen videos of how to make them better like crisping the crust in a skillet after you heat it. They are a bit pricey. I think about 6$ for a 5” at Kroger. I think there’s a coupon on their website.

I’ll report back when I try one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/5f571e7acfc67d593a4349dfdd074589.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/4eef94fa762c08adc38c21c9a05693cc.jpg

Ooh, I've heard of those but haven't tried them yet...I'll be interested in a taste report.

Mary9915
03-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Did a little bit of cooking but not all as planned.

Didn't make the bread because I have a fridge full of stuff to use first.

Instead of honey mustard dressing I made a peanut dressing. It's so good on chopped veggies.

I made the pork egg roll casserole which was delicious! We will make that one again for sure!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/6b0683a125b1ef02d4fa07ccf9e78c20.jpg

foamy
03-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Did a little bit of cooking but not all as planned.

Didn't make the bread because I have a fridge full of stuff to use first.

Instead of honey mustard dressing I made a peanut dressing. It's so good on chopped veggies.

I made the pork egg roll casserole which was delicious! We will make that one again for sure!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180305/6b0683a125b1ef02d4fa07ccf9e78c20.jpg

Looks great and I love peanut sauce on chicken too.

CTslotters
03-06-2018, 01:12 AM
I know beets and tomatoes have carbs but thought I’d share the first course we had tonight. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/8907601ee6e2bd4acc3b76bc5fb06f0c.jpg
Avert your eyes from the other pics of you don’t want to see carbs!
We tend to eat clean (unprocessed food made from scratch) not necessarily carb free, and sometimes after a crappy work day you want potatoes with your steak and Brussels!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/f24de46e7ca7793e600488efb8d20179.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/cf7457e1c3b2bce74a86188b5008c0aa.jpg

zeus
03-06-2018, 01:24 AM
CTslotters great job, you two! That looks like a fantastic dinner.

dvandentop
03-06-2018, 01:38 AM
Massive smoke of chicken breast yesterday also picked up a food saver these work great. Can thaw out the smoked chicken breast and sous vide then in a few minutes after getting home from work. Got 9 2 packs worth of chicken ready to go now

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/d84ded06efdac6edb77aec8889202422.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/fbaaa122e62387785e4c2f246b69e065.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/4bf5aaa6b799e1569fa24f08bd2c168a.jpg

Curlyd
03-06-2018, 02:30 AM
Massive smoke of chicken breast yesterday also picked up a food saver these work great. Can thaw out the smoked chicken breast and sous vide then in a few minutes after getting home from work. Got 9 2 packs worth of chicken ready to go now

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/d84ded06efdac6edb77aec8889202422.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/fbaaa122e62387785e4c2f246b69e065.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/4bf5aaa6b799e1569fa24f08bd2c168a.jpg

I love my Food Saver - in fact I am on my second one.

dvandentop
03-06-2018, 02:34 AM
I love my Food Saver - in fact I am on my second one.Where is the best value of buying the rolls for them?

Go quite a few of the resealable bags with the unit as well which is nice

Curlyd
03-06-2018, 02:35 AM
Where is the best value of buying the rolls for them?

I think I got the last batch on Amazon. During the holidays Kohls will have good sales but Amazon is so much easier. I haven't tried the resealable bags yet. I like the quart bags and the wide rolls.

CTslotters
03-06-2018, 03:23 AM

Costco when they run the sales on them! We love our food saver!
Do you have an actual sous vide cooker?

dvandentop
03-06-2018, 03:25 AM
Costco when they run the sales on them! We love our food saver!
Do you have an actual sous vide cooker?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNo but monoprice.com has theirs back in stock was thinking of getting one.

I usually just reheat the vaccum sealed bags in warm water for over 20 min to warm the meat back up

KimKyle
03-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Ok I tried the 3 cheese Real Good Pizza.

It was ok but not great. I got them on sale 2 for 6$ but I would never pay full price of $6.99.

I’m sure Laurie’s Home made chicken crust was better.

Laurie
03-06-2018, 02:46 PM
Ok I tried the 3 cheese Real Good Pizza.

It was ok but not great. I got them on sale 2 for 6$ but I would never pay full price of $6.99.

I’m sure Laurie’s Home made chicken crust was better.

$3 is cheap. Thanks for reporting back :)

Mary9915
03-06-2018, 02:48 PM

That's exactly what we do too Derek. We grill / smoke extra and seal a meal them for later lunches and dinners. It's so much handier than freezing raw meat!

KimKyle
03-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Here’s a yummy little treat I have made for years. It can be made as muffins or in a pan to cut up as bars.

Cream Cheese Muffins

2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese (softened)
½ cup powdered splenda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Note: I also add 2 Tbls Swerve. The 2 sweeteners together make it extra yummy but the original recipe didn’t call for it.

Beat with mixer until smooth being careful not to whip the eggs
too much and divide into 12 baking cups.
Bake at 350 ° F for 18 min. (your mileage may vary)

Let cool and then refrigerate. They are much better the next day.

Tweak to your liking with lemon, berries, etc.

This is right out of the oven all plumped up

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/977ffb94a077d6f66caa6fe64a5e4ffe.jpg

After a couple of minutes they fall like this and get pretty dense

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/8dc89b1de635293bcb1a6c0f4e37d212.jpg

The parchment muffin papers are the best because these can be a little sticky.

Mary9915
03-06-2018, 02:51 PM

We buy them from Amazon...so much cheaper! These are the ones we use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVP332J/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Curlyd
03-06-2018, 02:53 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVP332J/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh thanks I think I will give the a try! There are a number of reviews that said they didn't work well with Food Saver. I assume you haven't had any problems?

dvandentop
03-06-2018, 03:12 PM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WVP332J/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1Thanks for the link will be nice for saving meat if I do pulled pork or ribs or something too rather then having to eat it all within 7 days

CPT
03-06-2018, 05:44 PM
So remove the bread and cheese and let me discuss. Got this for lunch..

Old Smoky
Smoked ham, smoked turkey, bacon, provolone and chipotle mayo. Best sub I think I have ever had. Thanks for reading and hope I don’t sabotage this thread HHH

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/0670de53877a6d2719023ae7d2ace026.heic

foamy
03-06-2018, 05:45 PM
So remove the bread and cheese and let me discuss. Got this for lunch..

Old Smoky
Smoked ham, smoked turkey, bacon, provolone and chipotle mayo. Best sub I think I have ever had. Thanks for reading and hope I don’t sabotage this thread HHH

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/0670de53877a6d2719023ae7d2ace026.heic

Cheese is ok bread no.

Mary9915
03-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Oh thanks I think I will give the a try! There are a number of reviews that said they didn't work well with Food Saver. I assume you haven't had any problems?

Haven't had any issues using these bags with our food saver. They all have worked for us so far...

foamy
03-13-2018, 03:31 PM
Just got 6 dozen farm fresh eggs $1 a dozen and once you have these you can't eat the ones from the store they are so much better it's not even funny6660

KimKyle
03-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Just got 6 dozen farm fresh eggs $1 a dozen and once you have these you can't eat the ones from the store they are so much better it's not even funny6660

That’s a great price! You’re right they will spoil you for sure

Nhcris
03-13-2018, 04:10 PM
So jealous of your farm fresh eggs :sorrow: Even when we can get them in the good weather, they are more like $4-$5 a dozen.

When I visited my boy in Texas, I got a dozen duck eggs from his Farmer's Market, and man are those rich and decadent!

Mary9915
03-13-2018, 04:33 PM

It's amazing the prices you guys pay for good food Foamy! Farm fresh is $5 a dozen here...I am so jealous!

foamy
03-13-2018, 05:33 PM
So jealous of your farm fresh eggs :sorrow: Even when we can get them in the good weather, they are more like $4-$5 a dozen.

When I visited my boy in Texas, I got a dozen duck eggs from his Farmer's Market, and man are those rich and decadent!

We went to dim sum in Omaha with Ting and we had century eggs he was talking to the waiter in Chinese when he ordered them the waiter told him these people won't eat them he brought them out and Kevin and I destroyed them he almost fainted. hhh

chrissyDee
03-13-2018, 08:23 PM
Lunch today was a yummy chicken cutlet on greens. For the chicken I bought thin cut breast, dipped in egg and then grated Parmesan
That I seasoned. Broiled it briefly and done. I made 5 of them
And will Probably do chicken Parmesan tonight.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/a5790ca3cd8d6de486bd038451221d9d.jpg

zeus
03-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Lunch today was a yummy chicken cutlet on greens. For the chicken I bought thin cut breast, dipped in egg and then grated Parmesan

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/a5790ca3cd8d6de486bd038451221d9d.jpgI love to do chicken breast that way. I make a vodka sauce to go over them, along with, I am so sorry for saying it on this thread, but pasta. [emoji853]

foamy
03-13-2018, 08:35 PM
Ting told me about a 3 day juice cleanse so I'm trying it but there is nowhere close to get the juice he drank and he said it tasted like shit so I'm going with no sugar juice my fat ass is going to starve to death. hhh

Curlyd
03-13-2018, 09:34 PM

Yummmm, that looks delicious!

Cyndyga
03-13-2018, 09:39 PM

Looks like the parmesan crusted chicken we got at the Eiffel Tower restaurant! Looks great with the greens.

Laurie
03-13-2018, 10:24 PM
Ting told me about a 3 day juice cleanse so I'm trying it but there is nowhere close to get the juice he drank and he said it tasted like shit so I'm going with no sugar juice my fat ass is going to starve to death. hhh

I made him 2 different smoothies for dinner. He likes them :) still keeping it keto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/5b74bfcc7770c5ddeb0de16a1fa19c3e.jpg

Nhcris
03-13-2018, 10:40 PM
What is in them? The red one looks yummy to me!

foamy
03-13-2018, 10:41 PM

I don't know but it was good but when I got home Laurie sitting there eating a sausage I almost cried she said well it's a brat and you don't like Brats I said today I do.hhh

chrissyDee
03-13-2018, 10:44 PM
For dinner I transformed my cutlet into chicken Parmesan. I had it with a big ass Greek salad. I am stuffed!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/8c12556402b11e9f249f0c441b37bade.jpg

foamy
03-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Now she's eating salad I told her to eat it in the bathroom so I wouldn't have to watch. Just kidding it's not that bad yet

Laurie
03-13-2018, 10:59 PM

The red one had diet cran raspberry juice, mixed frozen berries and a little ice
The green one was protein milk, ice, frozen spinach and mixed fresh chopped veggies this one

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180313/b357b1cd8fe2efaa2786bde720f908b9.jpg

Nhcris
03-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Now she's eating salad I told her to eat it in the bathroom so I wouldn't have to watch. Just kidding it's not that bad yet

Pretty sure I know what her answer would be if you did tell her that!

foamy
03-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Pretty sure I know what her answer would be if you did tell her that!

She laughed her ass off

dvandentop
03-14-2018, 12:07 AM
Mini pepper nachos last night
Ate half before took pic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180314/15b59241214a69c36a56ddae114f3147.jpg

foamy
03-14-2018, 04:06 PM
I'm 1/2 way through my 3 day juice diet all I've had today is coffee no juice yet and it's not that bad but this shit better work real good or I won't be happy. hhh

dvandentop
03-14-2018, 07:51 PM
Foamy you should watch that documentary about the Australian guy who does a juice-only diet for 60 days it is free to watch on Amazon Prime

KimKyle
03-14-2018, 10:31 PM

This look great! I do the same thing with chicken all the time. Sometime I pan fry it and sometime I bake it. My non low carb husband loves it!

foamy
03-15-2018, 12:25 PM
Foamy you should watch that documentary about the Australian guy who does a juice-only diet for 60 days it is free to watch on Amazon Prime

Three days is enough but it really hasn't been that bad although yesterday I only had coffee and 4oz of a protein shake

foamy
03-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Done with my 3 day juice diet it worked lost 12 pounds.

tee2green
03-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Done with my 3 day juice diet it worked lost 12 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkShit, keep that up and you'll have Playgirl knocking at your door wanting you to be their next centerfold!